• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Turning off 'Night Mode'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi Guys,

Looking for a way to turn off the classic 'Custom script: call SetDayNightModels("","")' mode. I know how to turn it ON, turning it off is proving a bit more elusive.

Does anyone know the script to set the lighting back to "day"? I've looked it up on the forum but any threads so far seem to assume knowledge I don't have. I really only copy-pasted the SetDayNight as a "gimmick" for "hard mode" on my map and so I'm not sure what I have to do for my specific map to get it to return afterwards.

Thanks in advance!

~El

Level 17
Just pulling this out of my map:
JASS:
            terrainDNC.string[SH("ashenvale")]   = "Environment\\DNC\\DNCAshenvale\\DNCAshenValeTerrain\\DNCAshenValeTerrain.mdl";
            terrainDNC.string[SH("dalaran")]     = "Environment\\DNC\\DNCDalaran\\DNCDalaranTerrain\\DNCDalaranTerrain.mdl";
            terrainDNC.string[SH("dungeon")]     = "Environment\\DNC\\DNCDungeon\\DNCDungeonTerrain\\DNCDungeonTerrain.mdl";
            terrainDNC.string[SH("felwood")]     = "Environment\\DNC\\DNCFelwood\\DNCFelWoodTerrain\\DNCFelWoodTerrain.mdl";
            terrainDNC.string[SH("lordaeron")]   = "Environment\\DNC\\DNCLordaeron\\DNCLordaeronTerrain\\DNCLordaeronTerrain.mdl";
            terrainDNC.string[SH("underground")] = "Environment\\DNC\\DNCUnderground\\DNCUndergroundTerrain\\DNCUndergroundTerrain.mdl";

unitDNC.string[SH("ashenvale")]   = "Environment\\DNC\\DNCAshenvale\\DNCAshenValeUnit\\DNCAshenValeUnit.mdl";
            unitDNC.string[SH("dalaran")]     = "Environment\\DNC\\DNCDalaran\\DNCDalaranUnit\\DNCDalaranUnit.mdl";
            unitDNC.string[SH("dungeon")]     = "Environment\\DNC\\DNCDungeon\\DNCDungeonUnit\\DNCDungeonUnit.mdl";
            unitDNC.string[SH("felwood")]     = "Environment\\DNC\\DNCFelwood\\DNCFelWoodUnit\\DNCFelWoodUnit.mdl";
            unitDNC.string[SH("lordaeron")]   = "Environment\\DNC\\DNCLordaeron\\DNCLordaeronUnit\\DNCLordaeronUnit.mdl";
            unitDNC.string[SH("underground")] = "Environment\\DNC\\DNCUnderground\\DNCUndergroundUnit\\DNCUndergroundUnit.mdl";

This is the list of all DNC terrain/unit models in the game. Just pick the one you want and substitute it for the arguments.

E.G.
JASS:
call SetDayNightModels("Environment\\DNC\\DNCAshenvale\\DNCAshenValeTerrain\\DNCAshenValeTerrain.mdl","Environment\\DNC\\DNCAshenvale\\DNCAshenValeUnit\\DNCAshenValeUnit.mdl")

Status
Not open for further replies.