• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Turning off attack and abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi guys
Is there any way to turn off unit's attack and ALL abilities via GUI? I'm making spell that's works like Adept's teleportation in Starcraft. Spell creates immortal copy of caster that can only move and after some time caster is teleported to it's location. I can make copy a different unit in object editor, but I wanted to make it 100% in gui - spell creates unit of caster's type in caster's location, removes it's spells and attacks and makes it immortal. Problem is that I found a way to remove single specific ability, but no way to turn off all or remove attack. Can you help me?

Level 37
You can give the unit Orc burrow - cargo hold ability with 0 capacity. It will disable the attack ability. You can prevent spellcasting with

Unit begins casting an ability
->Pause triggering unit
->Order triggering unit to stop
->Unpause triggering unit

Alternatively, Silence spell can disable spells and attacks, but the silence buff can be removed. If there is no buff removing in your map, you could use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.