• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Turn off Alarm Generation (like "our forces are under attack")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
How can I turn warning/alarm messages like "our town is under attack" or "our forces are under attack" off?

I already:
  • picked all units in the playable map area and turned Alarm Generation off,
  • did the same for units entering the map,
  • set the alliance aspect "send help requests" to off for both players (both from and to) (this seems to work - allies being attacked doesn't send messages),
  • and I know that I could set the alarm sounds to something unnoticeable in the gameplay constants, but I want to avoid this gameplay constant solution, if possible.

Level 5
One way is to simply replace the sound file with an empty one.
or the path to the sound in gameplay constants
I both want to avoid altering sound files or gameplay constants, and that would remove the sound, but not the red pinging on the minimap.

Level 20
In Constants, there are 2 lines that you can edit.

I don't know the names in English, it should be something like "Attack notification". You can set the delay between two notifications, and also the minimum range, I think the latter is the solution. Base notification range is 1250, which means you won't have any messages if the attacked units are right in the middle of the screen or withing a 1250 range from your camera. Maybe if you put a very big number, messages won't be triggered at all.

Edit: woops, didn't see that point in your first post. Honestly that literally requires to modify 1 constant, I doubt you can find anything more efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.