• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Trying to open an old map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I get this error:
28Y3J.gif

Is there any work-around?

It is a WEU (world editor unlimited) add-in. In order to open that map you need to use WEU, and I am not sure if it has any compatibility with the latest version of WE. Your best bet is pretty much to make another install of wc3, then patch it to a version that's compatible with WEU and then run it, you will definitely be able to open it. But first try to see if WEU works with the latest release of wc3.

There is one way to fix this although it is a bit tedious depending on the map.

Follow this tutorial:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/miscellaneous-tutorials-456/modding-we-trigger-editor-52529/

Basically, you make those functions exist. You export a TriggerData.txt from your mpq and then put it in your Warcraft III\UI\ folder. (if you don't have one, create one) Then you can just add the functions you need.

In your case, the first function you'll create will be MultiboardMinimize. Once you've added it to TriggerData.txt (make sure your WE is closed when you add these), you can try opening the map again. It will probably show another function, then you can add that. Do this for each function. It is really tedious, but it will eventually allow your map to be opened. Afterward, you should replace all those instances of custom functions.

Once you've replaced them all, you can feel free to delete the custom TriggerData files, and that means that it should be able to be opened by anyone. Good luck. I'll post a sample later if I get time.

Otherwise, if you know if the author/you used EGUI or WEU, you may want to try enabling that and see if you can replace it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.