• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Old Map Doesn't Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello Guys,

I've started a map in 2007, got back in 2009, restarted in 2013, again in 2015.

I have no idea of wich game versions i was using after replacing my computer, but i think i used Unlimited World Editor at some point to add tilesets.

(im not sure about advanced triggers etc)

i keep getting this error when i try to open it now

"AddSpellEffectByIdLock Trigger does not exist"

Also "Insuficient memory"
"object: .PAVCWETriggerFunction@@"
Press ok to terminate.

I can play the map and everything seems to run "normaly" from what i could tell but i just cannot work upon improving it anymore.

I've tried some 1.18, 1.20a, 1.26, original and UWE, also tried to open with the Hive and that was the only time the map opnened but there was a console loading lots of error messages and the units didn't appear in the map. I couldn't see triggers etc...

I dont remember trying to protect the map from any opening or editing.

I can use the editors (normal and UWE) but I just can't open my own map.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Sounds like you used some third party GUI extension. I am guessing WEU?

In worst case one can replace all trigger data with that of a blank map. That way terrain and object data are saved.

If one can find the appropriate GUI declaration files (possibly in WEU folder?) then one might be able to overwrite the standard editor ones with them and local files enabled so the map can load. Once the map has loaded you can delete these GUI actions and save so the map can be opened in normal World Edit.

Moding the we
Inside your Warcraft 3 Folder create the folder "UI".
Extract from your War3x.mpq into this new folder:
UI\TriggerData.txt
UI\TriggerStrings.txt
UI\WorldEditStrings.txt​
After doing so open the extracted "TriggerData.txt"
now inser this missing function AddSpellEffectByIdLock.

To know its proper arguments one could open the map with a mpq editor and extract the ".wtg" - File inside this file search for the function and check out the things following it.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.