• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trying to find soundtracks of shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Does anyone else hate when you hear a nice instrumental/song/ anything and you try fnding it on the internet only to be stumped? xD It annoys me so much. For example, there are soundtracks in animes that I love but cannot find anywhere ;-; Also, DNews has some nice instrumentals playing during the video. I wish Shows and videos shared their resources more. XD Does anyone know any good tips for finding things of that nature?

I always go on youtube. Usually there is someone who will post the soundtrack (OST) of the show, if the company released it.

Although, not all shows will release it. Some shows have full-length songs and just take bits and pieces of it. Others might craft them specifically for a segment. In those cases, it may be difficult to find the soundtracks. Sometimes people will be cool enough to take the song and remove the voices (to the best of their abilities), but that is a rather difficult process and it doesn't always turn out right.

Level 13
Yeah, youtube is generally where I go as well. It bothers me a LOT as I love hearing soundtracks XD

Level 11
For example, there are soundtracks in animes that I love but cannot find anywhere

I know exactly what you mean! however, sometimes (rarely) if you type in "Unreleased (Your anime) music/tracks" then perhaps there's hope. I've found there are some channels dedicated to releasing music from certain anime that never released some songs. I've also found channels that made their own renditions of the songs themselves since the song(s) was/were never released or found.

Another thing I did was use google translate to translate what I'm saying into Japanese, I would then find the anime episode with the song I like/love but could not find, then ask in the comments section if and where I could get the song.

Hope I helped :)

Level 13
I've never tried that second thing, good idea! ^^ Yeah with some soundtracks you can find people trying to fix as much of the soundtrack as possible, which is awesome! Now if only Anime's released all of the soundtracks they've used, even if only used once. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.