• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Please help me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok, here is my blight I was playing World of Warcraft one day, and all of a sudden it crashed, I started it again, it played and crashed again, then i restarted it later, it was slower, then wierd shapes started showing, then slower, and slower (over the course of a month this went on) I e-mailed blizzard, they told me steps to do, I did them all, no results

The last e-mail I have gotten consisted of this

"I have further gone over your DxDiag and MsInfo reports. I would like you to try updating your Sound drivers, as they are dated "4/4/2002". Since World of Warcraft came out after these drivers were released, this could be a possible contributor to your problem.

It seems as though you have an IRQ conflict as well.

IRQ 18 Intel(r) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C7 OK
IRQ 18 GTW V.92 Voicemodem OK

Computer hardware can appear to work properly at first, but during times of heavy processing there may be performance problems or lockups. Resources being shared often cause this. If you are not familiar with reconfiguring IRQs, DMA channels or Plug n' Play settings, we suggest you get some help from your local computer professional. The tips listed below are intended for experienced computer users that are willing to get into the "guts" of the computer."

Now, I refuse to believe that my 3D video problems ((becuase it does the same now for Warcraft 3, Empires, dawn of the modern world, Roller coaster Tycoon 3, and all my other 3D games)) has to do with my sound card, or my modem, The last thing I dont understand.

I tried to contact the company that made my newer video card, Nvidia, Their website said this udner support

"NVIDIA does not sell any products directly to consumers, and therefore cannot provide direct technical support.

We recommend:

Contact the computer manufacturer, Add-in board partner or retail vendor from whom you received your computer or, graphics adaptor or motherboard. To help you find the best source for technical support, please select an answer from the list below:"

Now I find that a bit... Wrong, that they dont give support for their own products.

I contacted my comptuer company, they gave me a generic responce that It was one of 3 things

"1. Not enough physical memory
2. Background applications that may still be active
3. Spyware or Adware"

Now, I have already checked all of them first, and that is the only responce I ahve gotten from them, can anyone help me with this, PLEASE, im desperate...

Level 3
tuna if u cant help him why do u ever bother posting?

anyway, if u played WoW without any problems for a long time, then something wierd happened in ur pc... hardware? i doubt... did u try formating ur pc?

3. Spyware or Adware

i really think ur problem is either one of those, so formating would be the best choice... and directly upgrading the pc is useless, if u already played the game then it must be some "software" thingy problem...

Level 9
N£cr0m@nc£r said:

anyway, if u played WoW without any problems for a long time, then something wierd happened in ur pc... hardware? i doubt... did u try formating ur pc?

3. Spyware or Adware

i really think ur problem is either one of those, so formating would be the best choice... and directly upgrading the pc is useless, if u already played the game then it must be some "software" thingy problem...

necro if you have seen like 75% of hes posts im sure you would find out he just likes to spam but as i have you just grow immune to it

Level 4
ben_xuereb said:
N£cr0m@nc£r said:

3. Spyware or Adware

necro if you have seen like 75% of hes posts im sure you would find out he just likes to spam but as i have you just grow immune to it

you could of PM'd him to tell him that. geez.

talkabout spam.

Level 25
Sounds like your graphics card is on the fritz

My suggestion is to find a random graphics card that will work with WoW (Borrow one from a friend maybe? Graphics cards are pretty easy to yoink out. I've done it heaps, no damage to the computer) and check WoW on your computer. If its STILL bugging up, then it isn't a graphics card problem and its something else

Level 13
I have further gone over your DxDiag and MsInfo reports. I would like you to try updating your Sound drivers, as they are dated "4/4/2002". Since World of Warcraft came out after these drivers were released, this could be a possible contributor to your problem.

and
It seems as though you have an IRQ conflict as well.

IRQ 18 Intel(r) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C7 OK
IRQ 18 GTW V.92 Voicemodem OK

So I think the problem is given, why are you searching next ones? :roll:

Level 3
They say they could be problems but I dont see how my modem, which has never given me problems, or my SOUND card could contribute to the VIDEO on my 3d games not running

and I had already followd their steps, closing all background stuff, and i clear adware and spyware every day, it isnt those

Level 3
Now, I refuse to believe that my 3D video problems ((becuase it does the same now for Warcraft 3, Empires, dawn of the modern world, Roller coaster Tycoon 3, and all my other 3D games)) has to do with my sound card, or my modem, The last thing I dont understand.

so ur other games arent working? well, when my graphic card (old NVIDIA) burned out, my pc didnt even start... forget the format (at least for now) and do what mecheon said (try getting a graphic card borrowed and check if the problem comes from there)

tuna, if everyone sent PMs when replying, then all threads would have only one post

P.S. i though it was a "software" problem because i didnt read the part i just quoted, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.