• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trying to Find an Old Custom Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
As the title suggests, there's a certain WC3 custom campaign that I played as a child about a decade ago and since then lost. I wanted to revisit it but couldn't find it anywhere on the internet (at least with my searches), even though one of my friends confirmed they had it at some point in the past as well. If you played some game in your childhood and can't find it anymore you know the feeling. I don't remember much about the campaign's story, but I recall some details, and I hoped that maybe someone here would recognize them.

So, it was called something along the lines of "Age of Sanity" and was most likely pretty old, since it didn't come as a custom campaign but rather a series of chapters as separate maps in its own custom maps folder. If I recall correctly, it came preinstalled with some other maps in my old Warcraft 3, but I don't remember which version it was or where exactly I found it back then.

The campaign itself was about a certain paladin named Malleus or something like that, who is killed by bandits and then raised as a death knight by a necromancer named something like Gater Kross whom he then helps to deal with different enemies. Malleus used Arthas' models, while the necromancer used Kel'thuzad's. The campaign was quite simple, especially by today's standards, but it was interesting to play (and pretty hard for me back then). I also recall that it used standard colors for the factions: the death knight you played as was red, the necromancer and his undead were blue, humans whom you fought were either teal or purple. It also featured some other characters besides the ones mentioned, like several night elves who were allies to the undead for some reason, or a crypt lord who was either a librarian or just addicted to reading.

So, a couple more story details that I remember and decided to put here in hopes that someone else might recall them:

The campaign itself started with a cutscene in which Malleus and his guards got killed by the bandits. There was a major plot point about Malleus' wife and child getting killed by bandits as well, due to this he'd occasionally have flashbacks in which he saw his family burning in hell, turning into demons, being undead, etc. and this would make him go berserk. One of the missions was about Malleus going insane due to his flashbacks and killing everyone in a giant area in his blind rage. In that mission, you play as a hero revenant who was created by the necromancer to stop Malleus. Basically you kill creeps, level up the revenant whose skills are similar to regular death knights, gather undead troops, and eventually stop Malleus from destroying everything around him.

Another mission was centered around fighting a teal undead faction controlled by someone named "Lord Taurus" which was more like an RPG map. There was also a mission that had you fighting another 3 or 4 death knights titled "Local lords", all of whom also attacked each other. I also remember that instead of crypt fiends you had skeleton archers, but that's a pretty minor thing.

If anyone recalls anything similar to what I've described, please tell. :)

Level 8

Unfortunately, the old maps thread didn't have what I was looking for. I was able to find some other super obscure campaigns like Unholy Crusaders, Pirates, and Spiderqueen, but the one I was looking for wasn't there. As far as I know, the chapters cannot be found here or on epicwar (or any other map website that I'm aware of), either that or they're saved under some name that I don't know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.