• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Finding old custom maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Greetings everyone i recently reinstalled WC3 and was thinking of replaying old custom maps i enjoyed back in the day only problem is i only have default melee maps + some basic custom maps on this PC.

If anyone would be kind to tell me names of maps or point them on the map section that would be great.

3 corridor map named DDay Judgement (i forgot exact version), i remember it having hero with metal skin named Terminator or something with nuclear launches and such, i tried downloading some of the ones present here but those versions simply wont start at all (i cannot pick sides and when i press start nothing happens)

Similar maps like above usually involving 3 corridors (or lanes if you are using Dota term), i remember playing more 3 corridors ones with custom heroes and everything but i can only remember some things about them like one being influenced with Human vs Demon base (with mini bosses hiding in jungle)

Other maps like one specific Sunken Temple map that only has 1 curved central lane/corridor (and goal is to breach into enemy base and destroy it), you can pick custom heroes with interesting abilities and if i remember correctly if you fail to complete the goal in certain time limit which i think was 1 hour huge Kil'Jaeden boss (using KJ cinematic model with firestorm) spawns in middle of map that attacks both factions making completion of map much harder.

Regicide similar map + Map set in village that kinda acts like a witch hunt to say because you can only play with 6 people and on first night 1 random player will get gift of "vampire host", goal for other villagers who are not "vampire host" is to find out who the vampire is and destroy his base and Vampire hero, goal for "Vampire host" is to survive the witch hunt. This map is interesting because "Vampire host" can only turn into vampire at night and thats the only time other villagers can destroy him, also villagers can hire witch hunting heroes like Dampire and such.

Another map set in Sunken Temple/isles scenario but you pick heroes without any abilities (humans and elves are set in one faction while orcs and undead are set in other), you can buy skills from certain NPCs and make combinations like Vampiric Aura, Critical Strike, Cleave and some random Ultimate. Heroes in this map were important because they came with custom default abilities (Grom Hellscream had Leap ability which deal damage and allowed hero to leap through some distance, it acted in similar manner like WoW's Heroic Leap ability for Warriors)

Thanks in advance and i hope i didnt write this in wrong section.

The vampire map sounds pretty interesting. Might know the name?

---

I didn't play too many maps, but which I remember:

Hero Wars Icelands
It is similar to dota, but simpler to play, hero duels, and only a single lane. Easy gameplay and still fun.

Vamp Zero
Builders try to hide/run from vamp and meanwhile to build a base to protect themselves.
The vamp tries to find the builders and to destroy their bases.

AreYouALucker
Minigames for players, inwhich luck plays a big role. A typical type of little funmap.

Risk
Stretegy game where you try to conquer the world against other players. Maybe not too easy for beginners.

Castle Fight
Lane-based game. Instead of controling heroes you control a builder who can add additional units for your lane. Pretty nice game.

Level 1
The vampire map sounds pretty interesting. Might know the name?

---

Sadly i dont know the name but i remember other details like when night comes and you turn into dreadlord you must use default Blood ability to feast upon others, if you do not feast on blood you become weak and its easier for villagers/peasents/other players to kill you

Also i remember something like a Mercenary camp where you can hire anti-vampire units and a vendor that sells items useful vs vampire/undead like an item that can cast Holy Light without mana cost (similar item is present in Regicide map)

Level 1
A]mun;2791742 said:
I don't know any of these, strangely.

But that Vampire Hunt seems extremely similiar to this:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...vania-80414/?prev=search=werewolf&d=list&r=20

You might have fun with it.

Very similar to that map and thanks to it i found the vampire map which is called Dark Deeds 8 only problem is i cant play both maps at all, Werewolf Transylvania wont even show up to select in game while Dark Deeds 8 shows up for selection but wont launch when i press start

I reinstalled WC3 recently so maybe i am missing something here, old PC used to run Dark Deeds 8 without problems

EDIT: Dark Deeds is indeed the map but it seems Dark Deeds 8 is the modified version because its missing several vendors and camps (to buy anti-vampire heroes/units), you get transformed to werewolf instead of Dracula (dreadlord model) even tho ingame tooltips still refer to Dracula so maybe Dark Deeds 6 is the one i am looking for?

I fixed the problem with some maps by either moving them to different map folder (to shorten the path) and for some like Dark Deeds i had to use patch version switcher because it seems 1.24+ patches broke old custom maps while trying to fix some exploit in melee maps (which it didnt fix)

Last edited:
Level 23
Other maps like one specific Sunken Temple map that only has 1 curved central lane/corridor (and goal is to breach into enemy base and destroy it), you can pick custom heroes with interesting abilities and if i remember correctly if you fail to complete the goal in certain time limit which i think was 1 hour huge Kil'Jaeden boss (using KJ cinematic model with firestorm) spawns in middle of map that attacks both factions making completion of map much harder.
This one sounds like it could be "Amageddon Hours": https://www.epicwar.com/maps/102906/

Don't know how I came to discover this map in the first place, but I keep it around because it is completely bonkers and has enough AI to make it compelling in singleplayer. It is tome central and has enough mini/mega-boss units with 10+ scaling for a lifetime, but it's hella fun for knocking about a bit.

Level 1
This one sounds like it could be "Amageddon Hours": https://www.epicwar.com/maps/102906/

Don't know how I came to discover this map in the first place, but I keep it around because it is completely bonkers and has enough AI to make it compelling in singleplayer. It is tome central and has enough mini/mega-boss units with 10+ scaling for a lifetime, but it's hella fun for knocking about a bit.

Thats the map i was looking for thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.