• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Troubles with Reactor-Cloth in max 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, Today I was trying to animate a cape for a wc3 model I'm working on, but the problem is that I don't know how Reactor-cloth works in max 5. In max 6-up The Reactor-cloth modifier allowed me to attach selected vertexes to a mesh, and/or a rigid model. But in max 5 it uses a gizmo, and it looks very different to what I know in character physics rigging. I know most not even know what I'm talking about, but if someone has ever animated using reactor in max 5, help would be appreciated.

I'm talking of the cloth modifier used with reactor, not the one that comes with max 8-up, called simply Cloth.

did you take a look at 3dmaxhy's cape tutorial for his vertex animation exporter? If not do it, it should be what you need.

EDIT: ok I found out how, instead of doing everything with cloth modifier, you need to add a select mesh modifier, select the vertexes, then add a AttacktoRB modifier, do the attaching and lateryou add reactor-cloth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.