1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Troll Warlock

Submitted by Jaccouille
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
So this is my first try at uploading a model, I gave a shot at mixing some models 2 weeks ago following tutorial on this website, used MatrixEater to do this.

Basically it's just guldan's model replaced with a batrider face & hand, I thought it looked kinda good, wanted to share it and get a small feedback, grapping some idea, maybe it could be useful to some one, I am still downloading models uploaded in 2004 after all.

I did this to replace the Gatherer model on the Island Troll Tribes map, we used OrcWarlock(Guldan) model because he had a backpack, however he has an orc face, wanted to give him a troll one, maybe change his staff & weapon someday so it fit more the gatherer role.

I didn't really get all the rules about "not uploading too simple models/similar to existing one & this website classement on models (approved, "substandard"?), I would appreciate to know if uploading this is alright.
[​IMG]
Contents

Troll Warlock (Model)

Troll Warlock Portrait (Model)

Troll Warlock Icon (Icon)

Reviews
General Frank
A bit too simple, but maybe useful to some people.
  1. maskedhorror

maskedhorror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Holy primitive tauren ! (Am I allowed to say that ?) I thought this was one of ujimasa models initially ... looks great, especially the face animation. I have not tried it in game yet , but so far I like it ! I love the fact that you also posted the icon.

2. aeman

aeman

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice! haven't see something simple and subtle like this for a while

3. Makoodzaka

Makoodzaka

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No. You are now going to internet jail.

Cool model too. Troll mages that don't look like the shadow priest are very much needed.

4. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Honestly I think this is great. A very elegantly simple mixture to create a new addition to the Trolls WHICH, importantly, doesn't have a mohawk or crazy-bowed-legs! I mean I love those things, but you see them on ALMOST LITERALLY every single Troll model & it gets passé.

This gives a Jungle Troll race a unit with a unique form/animation profile (at least compared to existing standard in-game stuff; cinematic stuff doesn't count so it's good for that), and since it's made from in-game parts it fits perfectly. Even better, you have the model, it's Portrait, and an Icon!

If I might suggest a few changes that could really enhance this (or at least help differentiate it, especially in-game next to the existing Warlock), consider rewrapping the textures (especially the ones for his clothes). A new UVWrap, perhaps with more Trollish materials (cloth, leather, wood, bones, etc) could give this model a real facelift.
    Possibly also (minor), change the color of the particle SFX in Spell/Stand Channel as well.

Good luck.

5. Rubellu Sidus

Rubellu Sidus

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    That's exactly what I would sugest, Tribal gear for this Warlock, such as the Shadow Hunter Blades, or the Troll Witch Doctor Staff with improvements.

A nice model that can be enhanced!

6. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Just be sure to include any modifications as additions to the Bundle (rather than replacements); people often love earlier versions. : )

7. hexhound

hexhound

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks great, thanks for putting it up. +1 for troll models without mohawk or crummy legs.

8. Gyrosphinx

Gyrosphinx

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Looks pretty useful to me. Good Job.

9. Jaccouille

Jaccouille

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I could change his staff and particle to the witch doctor one, I can also change the texture but I haven't any rewrapping, didn't read tutorial on it yet

10. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Naw; it's much better if this guy can be used alongside the standard in-game Witch Doctor, which would require him to have his own kind of particles/tools. Play around, experiment with different kinds of particles & colors. If doing custom stuff isn't your forte, consider taking some other in-game SFX & changing the colors/speed/other stats of it.

As long as you're using MDLVis, it's relatively straightforward. : ) The UV Editor is found with F2 (IIRC). Simply open your model in Magos, change the texture-path of the geoset you want to rewrap to the new texture, then save & open in MDLVis & open the sub-menu (via F2) to start moving the polygons of the chosen geoset around on the texture, which will change how it looks.

Alternatively, @Retera 's Matrix Eater software actually has a real-time UV Editing functionality, IIRC. Might wanna mess around with that too.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  11. jj84

jj84

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good job.

12. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A bit too simple, but maybe useful to some people.

13. Zephyrius2412

Zephyrius2412

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Looks great ! Making his clothes a bit different from the original Warlock would be even better. ;)

What you can try is to ask Ujimasa Hojo if you can use his optimized models, it may be easier for you and better for the user.