• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trip to Japan - Need tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
I've only been to Japan on a layover. I had about 2 hours outside the airport to explore.

My only suggestion is to make sure you buy something weird from a vending machine, and try using a bathroom stall with only a hole in the ground.

Level 15
If you want a more detailed tips of customs/things to and not to do just ask.

The only tip I will give you here is that no matter what you do, do not EVER stick your chopsticks standing up into your bowl of rice.

EDIT: This is a sacred tradition passed down for funeral ceremonies and is an omen of death.

Level 6
1. Learn the following expressions: "Origato gosaimasu-ta", "Konnichiwa", "Konbanwa", "Hasai-masai" (not sure about the spelling though), "Kudasai", "Hashi". Do not rely on English, they really do not speak it! If you want to buy plastic bugs, call them "pockets", otherwise they will not understand you.

2. Catch as many Japanese girls as you can. They are sexy.

3. Do not be afraid of small quakes! They happen here sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.