• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triggered Stats in game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Is there any way to set all of a Hero's stats in game with triggers dynamically, such as Damage Base, Damage Number of Dice, Damage Sides per Dice, Attack Cooldown Time, Speed Base, etc.? If so, where are the triggers to do so?

I also accidentally posted this in the World Editor forum and I don't know how to delete it :sad:

Level 9
No, there is no way of changing any of that. If you want complete control over the attack system, make your own.

Wrong. And you yell at me for providing wrong information.

Speed base you can of course change in triggers :)

I believe it is Unit - Change Movement Speed.

You can modify a units base attack by I believe by giving it tomes that increase attack damage - just give it 1 for every increase.

Cooldown, you could increase it's agi. Other then that though, or maybe an invisible attack speed + skill (change the ability to Item).

Hit dice, you can't.

Level 6
Wrong. And you yell at me for providing wrong information.

Speed base you can of course change in triggers :)

I believe it is Unit - Change Movement Speed.

You can modify a units base attack by I believe by giving it tomes that increase attack damage - just give it 1 for every increase.

Cooldown, you could increase it's agi. Other then that though, or maybe an invisible attack speed + skill (change the ability to Item).

Hit dice, you can't.

There's a trigger for move speed but not attack speed yeah, and in my map Agility doesn't give attack speed deliberately, so that is no good to me. I didn't want to give it that kind of attack damage because he will always do EXACTLY say 25 damage on every strike, not 10-25 or anything like that because his base damage is 0.

Level 9
yeah, you are rather limited with attack damage. It will give +1 to min and +1 to max though, not + 25 ALL the time, so maybe it will work anyways.

Attack speed you CAN give invisible auras though, perhaps you could try experimenting with those?

Level 9
*sob*.

Element, you know what he meant, and I know what he meant. Please don't act like that, and GTFO helping this section if you are unable to such a simple thing.

He was talking about the object editor field "Movement base". To change this with triggers.. well, you change its speed. God, how hard is that? Because you know you cant actually change object data from a trigger until its run, meaning you have to be in game, meaning in game "Movement Base" is equal to the unit's speed.

Jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.