• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triggered Cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Heloes Hive Workshop

I'm making a map in which heroes would be able to swap their skills at will. They could have 3 out of 9 at a time. The problem is, that when a hero uses an ability which has, let's say, 60 sec cooldown, and then swaps his skills and choose the same skill he just used, the cooldown resets.

So, my question is - any way to force a cooldown on skill? I was thinking of making the skill with additional level (normally skills have 10 lvls, so this would be 11th) which has so high mana cost, it's uncastable, but then the player doesn't know when this werid cooldown ends. I could make, like, 3 such levels with every one saying '20+ secs', '10+ secs', 'less than 10 secs', but I want it to be more precise.

Any ideas?

Level 6
This is an idea, but the part of 'looking nice and clean' would be somewhat corrupted :D

Yet, you've given me a nice idea, thanks :D

Level 8
So there are a two possibilities:

1. If each player got just one hero, this one ist the most easyiest:
Add all 9 spells to each hero. Now disable the 6 not needed abiltiys. They will get hided from the UI but the coolddown continues

2. This is a not playerbound solution, and it is realy complicated. At the end you get something like: HideAbilityForHeroContinueCooldown
So if you need the second solution just tell me, but i haven't got the time to post it here atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.