• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger to lower the water level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have a ww3 map (vanilla units w/o food and increase build times) with a big ocean. I've recently been adding neat magic items to make the game more interesting.
Anywho, on to my question. I'd like to know if there is a way to drain the oceans using triggers so that I can make an item that does that. Is it even possible in the wc3 editor? If it is, how would i do it?

Level 4
Oh, ok. Well that's too bad. Yeah, unfortunately it's not just a visual thing. I was hoping to make it so ground units could walk where the oceans were after they were drained. Anywho, thanks anyway! :]

Level 12
I think you could do it, but it would be a decent amount of work.

Basically, you would need a water model as WaterKnight suggested.

Then you remove the water in the map editor (this could be quite a bit of work depending on your map - I don't know of a good way to do this, tbh).

Put in place of all that water the water model (as a destructible) and either give them a pathing map (like a building) or create pathing blockers underneath. Then you'd have to make a trigger that kills all of the destructibles for the water when it is used. Kill them will all your to walk through where the water used to be and it should make the water models go away.

Level 4
I Thought about it. Problem is I have boats that need to sail around too. I could make the whole thing shallow water and use a model to simulate deep water then add pathing blockers around the edges but then the transport boats could just drop guys off on the other side of the blocker in the 'deep' water.

Also, I'd like to add naga as a race in the future so that could get hairy like shadow flux mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.