• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
So I am currently updating one of my maps and I have this effect where new land raises from the ocean. However I am having this problem that:

1. If I lower the terrain at the beginning in the map (to make the shore waves work when I raise it) the water does not flow to fill the hole.

2. If I do not lower the terrain at the start, as I raise it the shore waves does not work.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Attachments

• (6)SilverCoastSafe.w3x
    455.8 KB · Views: 54

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1. If I lower the terrain at the beginning in the map (to make the shore waves work when I raise it) the water does not flow to fill the hole.
Water has no physics in WC3. It will only be there if you tell it to be and will not be there if you tell it not to. There is a flag every node has that specifies if the water layer is enabled.

The editor lets you use cliff based water enabling. In reality if you modify the w3e file directly you can enable it for specific nodes and set water height to one of 2^14 values.

2. If I do not lower the terrain at the start, as I raise it the shore waves does not work.
Waves may require a restart of the editor. They are some eye candy that is not very deterministic.

Level 12
Exactly what isn't working? I can see rolling shores both before you kill the guardians and after the ground shook.

Edit: Nvm I understand now, the center part is supposed to be submerged but then elevate which doesn't add the rolling shores.

Seems MeKC is ontop of this so GL with this neat idea.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
No no no, I mean I manipulate the terrain during the game. And this is the problem.
It is not possible to change the water flag of nodes during a session. You will need to flag all nodes as water during editing.

The waves might be statically computed and not physically so changing water will not change them.

the terrain is unwalkable even when it is risen from the sea.
Terrain has nothing to do with the pathing map. They are separate files even. Walkable water? No problem. Sail over land? No problem as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.