• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fog areas and still water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
How do I make areas with fog instead of just giving fog to whole map from options?

Also how water can be made still? when i lower ground to get water level, the water is moving and slashes on shore with waves.

Level 13
Make the whole map fogged and make regions with visibility for the necessary players.

I'm no avid terrainer but I don't think you can make water stop flowing. By that I mean make it still.

Level 14
For the still water go to Scenario > Map Options > Then you can untick "Show water waves on cliff shores" or "Show water waves on rolling shores"

From what it sounds like, you need the rolling shores one. hope this helps

Level 14
You could manually change the fog for the whole map using triggers whenever you enter a certain area. You can only do this with single player maps though. The trigger you would need would be something like Environment > Change fog or something like that. I do not think it is possible to have different areas with different fog permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.