1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Trigger requests

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by feerme3, Apr 8, 2010.

1. feerme3

feerme3

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi! I was wondering if one of you nice Hive members would like to make one of these 2 triggers for me :) thx a bunch +rep

Trigger 1:

This would just be when My_Boolean_Var == True, then all spell durations are cut by 1/2.

Trigger 2: This may seem odd, but I need a trigger that does exactly what the ability "Cloud" does, without actually having a unit cast the ability. (Long story short it screws up my map when any unit casts it) I would love it to be non channeled, and I also would love to help me make the ability that casts it.

Thanks so much again :) :smile:

2. ZiggyMcjoney

ZiggyMcjoney

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can't just do this in a trigger. You'd have to trigger EVERY spell you have, and make a dummy unit cast the spell with a half duration if the variable is true.

3. sephiroth1234

sephiroth1234

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't think that trigger 1 is possible, but there is another solution to it, copy your buff spells(create new buff spells of the same) and reduce its duration by half of the original via object editor and add or remove the ability(vice versa) if the ability is to be used or not via trigger editor.

4. Kanadaj

Kanadaj

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    The first one is more possible than you think :D The only problem is, you have to use ONLY Triggered spells in your map, and then you can figure it .D

5. sephiroth1234

sephiroth1234

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think so..... But you have to use Wait actions right?

6. Pharaoh_

Pharaoh_

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is easy. I don't know what's wrong with your Cloud ability, but you can create a dummy unit, once the ability is cast and order it to cast a custom Silence ability, that silences attacks (and/or spells) of the buildings. Here is a test map:

Attached Files: