• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi! I was wondering if one of you nice Hive members would like to make one of these 2 triggers for me :) thx a bunch +rep

Trigger 1:

This would just be when My_Boolean_Var == True, then all spell durations are cut by 1/2.

Trigger 2: This may seem odd, but I need a trigger that does exactly what the ability "Cloud" does, without actually having a unit cast the ability. (Long story short it screws up my map when any unit casts it) I would love it to be non channeled, and I also would love to help me make the ability that casts it.

Thanks so much again :) :smile:

Level 4
Hi! I was wondering if one of you nice Hive members would like to make one of these 2 triggers for me :) thx a bunch +rep

Trigger 1:

This would just be when My_Boolean_Var == True, then all spell durations are cut by 1/2.

You can't just do this in a trigger. You'd have to trigger EVERY spell you have, and make a dummy unit cast the spell with a half duration if the variable is true.

Level 9
Trigger 1:

I don't think that trigger 1 is possible, but there is another solution to it, copy your buff spells(create new buff spells of the same) and reduce its duration by half of the original via object editor and add or remove the ability(vice versa) if the ability is to be used or not via trigger editor.

Trigger 2: This may seem odd, but I need a trigger that does exactly what the ability "Cloud" does, without actually having a unit cast the ability. (Long story short it screws up my map when any unit casts it) I would love it to be non channeled, and I also would love to help me make the ability that casts it.

This is easy. I don't know what's wrong with your Cloud ability, but you can create a dummy unit, once the ability is cast and order it to cast a custom Silence ability, that silences attacks (and/or spells) of the buildings. Here is a test map:

Attachments

• Custom Cloud.w3x
    19.1 KB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.