1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Rewrite this help FAQ question..

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by Nydedrigan, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Nydedrigan

Nydedrigan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    3) I have multiple spells that are all based off the same spell. When I cast one, they all cast. How do I fix this?
    Since they are all based off the same spell, they all have the same Order ID. Base them off different spells. This is the only way to fix this problem.

This does not tell me what I need to know, (Under unit editor>Abilities I see, Order String Activate, Deactiavte, turn off and use/turn on. I have tested each of them one at a time, still have not fixed my problem.

Example: Order ID? I don't see that in there.

I have "Two" roar spells. One Upgrades the building, the other does samething.

This is my trigger information,

Event-
    Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Begins casting an ability

Condition-
    (Ability being cast) Equal to Upgrade to (Roman) Governor's House

Action-
    Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
    Unit - Create 1 Governor's house (Level 1) for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
    Trigger above is the disabled one

second trigger that does not fire up but is active.

Event-
    Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Begins casting an ability

Condition-
    (Ability being cast) Equal to Next: 2-2 2
    (("Next: 2-2" is the ability name I given it))

Action-
    Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
    Unit - Create 1 Village 2-2 for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees

Some reason this trigger above does not fire up when I click its ability.

2. qwerty

qwerty

Resources:
    Resources:
    i believe the Order ID is orderstring.

3. Jacek

Jacek

Resources:
    Resources:
    As you wrote, only way is to base the spells off different spells. If you based one of your spells off Roar then base the second one off Thunder Clap.

4. Nydedrigan

Nydedrigan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    eh, well I am going to need to least create more than 20 of these type of roar spells. So, how would I go about creating them so that they work in that trigger format.

5. Jacek

Jacek

Resources:
    Resources:
    You can base few spells off Roar but don't give them to one unit because they will be casted simultaneously

6. Modeler

Modeler

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cant you change the order ID in one of the spell fields?

And, if one unit has the same spell based off the orderstring, it will fire the one the program finds first. (Usualy counts the one with the lowest x,y values first).

But, to make sure they dont fire at the same time do not ever give a unit two spells of the same type. (So if you want a fire-on-click spell, use warstomp, roar, thunder clap, ect.)