• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have been having trouble making a spell for a TD that i am making. The jist of the spell is that when a specific tower will cast a spell on another tower they will disappear both disappear and create a builder. Because i am a noob at triggers the only why i think of making doesnt work. Heres my attempt:

Bounce damage 1
Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Fusion Beam
(((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Bounce Tower 1) and ((Unit-type of (Targeted unit)) Equal to Damage Tower 1)) or (((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Damage Tower 1) and ((Unit-type of (Targeted unit)) Equal to Bounce Tower 1))
Actions
Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
Unit - Remove (Target unit of ability being cast) from the game
Unit - Create 1 Fusion Orb damage bounce 1 for (Triggering player) at ((Triggering player) start location) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees

This does not work, does anyone know how to make it work?

Level 11
Well, I don't get why in a case you used (Targeted Unit) and in another one (Target Unit of Ability Being Cast).

(Target Unit of Ability Being Cast) responds to any event which triggers the actions when an unit casts a spell targetting an unit (like Cripple, Chain Lightning - only the first target, Siphon Mana etc) but not when the spell is cast at a point (Shockwave, Blink, etc) or non-targeted (Starfall, War Stomp etc).

(Targeted Unit) responds to "an unit issues an order" event.

In this case, when referring to the second tower, it's obvious that you need to use (Target Unit of Ability Being Cast) so change the (Targeted Unit) in the conditions and it should work.

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.