• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger Question (please Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
HI everybody

After i nearly crashed my computer cause he didnt did what i want, i try to get help HERE.

I'm going to do and Aura.

This Aura shall do damage periodicly to all units in range of the hero, using the aura.

Here is what i have done now:

Event: (nothing, comes from another trigger)
Cond: (nothing)
Action:

1) Unitgroup - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of ***my unit, this works***) matching ((Owner of (Picked unit)) unequal Player 1 (Red))) and do (Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to (Life of (picked unit)) - 50.00))

2) Wait - 2.00 seconds

3) Trigger - Run (This trigger) (ignoring conditions)

Normaly (i guess) all Units instead of my units should no get periodicly damage of 50.

But my Hero also gets damage.

Can anybody help me???
PLZ!!!

Last edited:
Level 8
You can try this one:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of (Position of (*** unit))) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to 50.00
        • Else - Actions

Level 10
With new NewGen WE i think you can do negative numbers like Unholy Aura regenrates troops , with negative it Degenrates or reduces reg why not using it? Making aura what example heals , but you can use negative to make enemies damaging. That NewGen WE can be downloaded here ^^ Its very awsome Editor.

Level 12
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Playable Map Area matching (Level of Aura for (Matching Unit)) greater than or equal to 1) and do Actions
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 dummy for Owner of (Picked Unit) at Position of (Picked Unit) facing Random Angle
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Force of Nature expiration timer to Last Created Unit
      • Unit - Order Last Created Unit to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
Note #1 - The war stomp ability is a custom unit ability targeting enemies only, and with stun duration and mana cost 0. This will create terrain deformation around the hero every second, but all the better - I guess that will look cool.
Note #2 - Dummy unit uses .mdl as a model, no shadow texture, no attacks, no food, has abilities Locust and the custom war stomp, and has FLY movement type and 100.0 flying height.

Note #3 - There is a second possibility for this: Make the aura target only enemies, and create this trigger:
  • Events
    • Time - Every 1.00 seconds
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Playable map area matching ((Matching Unit) has buff Aura) equal to True) and do Actions
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Set life of Picked Unit to (Life of (Picked Unit) - 50.00)

Level 3
Permanent immolation should do the work but if u want to trigger it just make a spell based of brilliance aura or any aura, make to effect the enemies only and in the trigger make:
If/Then/Else:
C: Unit has buff *Your Buff*
A: Set life of *Your Unit* equal to 50

Level 11
Yeah, permanent immolation can be leveled. Could also use Phoenix Fire for something slightly different (and it'd be more like an aura because it'd last a while after the units left the area). If you want to do it through triggers without terrain deformation, use fan of knives instead of war stomp/thunder clap. Also don't have to worry about ministuns/minislows/minibuffs.

Level 5
yeah immolation or just negative regeneration would be much better, rather than creating triggers for such an ability.

You can just remove animations or attached art from immolation so that it does not look like immolation :p obviously.

Level 1
i have solved the problem a long time ago but thanks
i also mentioned it in my edit.

and to everyone how thinks that im too noob to use immolation. ... tell me how to slow the target with immolation......

Level 7
With new NewGen WE i think you can do negative numbers like Unholy Aura regenrates troops , with negative it Degenrates or reduces reg why not using it? Making aura what example heals , but you can use negative to make enemies damaging. That NewGen WE can be downloaded here ^^ Its very awsome Editor.

well firstly, you don't need newgen, you can just hold shift and open up a field, that allows negative values where they are usually not allowed.

And secondly, if you used negative hp regeneration, I'm almost positive that a unit killed by this would have no killer, which could be a problem in many games.

Status
Not open for further replies.