• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trying to make a spell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I've been trying to make a trigger spell called Healing Aura. Works like Brilliance Aura simply, only change is that it heals instead of restores mana.

So I made the custom Brilliance Aura spell, removed effects etc, only set range;
Made a trigger

Code:
Healing Aura
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
        (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Healing Aura 
    Actions
        Trigger - Turn on Healing Aura 2 <gen>

Code:
Healing Aura 2
    Events
        Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of Cleric 0016 <gen>) matching (((Picked unit) belongs to an ally of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True)) and do (Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + 50.00))

The Healing Aura 2 trigger is initially off.

It's probably something simple-.. cant figure it out tho, i'd love some help![/code]

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
LOL
The trouble is it leaks but thats not the point.
WC3 comes with a built in healing aurea called unholy aura just change its stats to what you want.

There honestly is NO NEED to use triggers that leak and lag to simulate an already included aura and do not forget that if you want to change the effect the aura shows on units you can!

Level 1
Cool, didn't know that worked, with the aura.
But what do you mean leak?
I'm not especially "tuned" with WC3 Editor, since I play WoW. But I know some stuff about triggers...

Tell me more about the leaking :D

Level 1
BTW I just tested out your Unholy Aura idea..
Only problem is Unholy Aura only increases regeneration with %. I wanna use a set number of healing every 5 seconds.

Anyone?

Level 2
Healing Aura 2
Events
Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of Cleric 0016 <gen>) matching (((!!!!!!!) belongs to an ally of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True)) and do (Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + 50.00))

You should change Picked unit to Matching unit on the place where i put the exclamation marks.. Maybe it will work. Good luck!

Level 2
Oh, by the way: I would also recommend to create a buff so instead of using a single unit you can make a universal trigger:

Pick every unit matching: matching unit has buff Heal aura and do actions..

This may also protect your spell from leaking...

Status
Not open for further replies.