• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Order unit to cast ability stops movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi guys,
I made a sprint ability based on the druid shapeshift ability, but when it gets toggled by my triggers it interrupts the current movement order.

• sprint
    • Events
      • Unit - Heiress 0015 <gen>'s mana becomes Less than or equal to 1.00
      • Unit - Heiress 0015 <gen>'s mana becomes Less than or equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has buff Brilliance Aura sprinting) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to 1.00
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Night Elf Form
      • Unit - Remove Brilliance Aura sprinting buff from (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Remove Endurance Aura (sprinting) buff from (Triggering unit)

Level 5
I was hoping there was an alternative but i will have to use this right?
  • test movement order
  • test movement order
    • Events
      • Unit - Heiress 0015 <gen> Is issued an order targeting a point
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(smart))
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(move))
    • Actions
      • Set testpoint = (Target point of issued order)
  • Unit - Order Heiress 0015 <gen> to Move To testpoint

Level 24
Not exactly...
What you want is to order the unit to move after he has transformed again.
However, you are also able to stop the transform of going back to the original form when you give other orders to the unit when his mana reached 0.
However how your trigger would respond to that, I dont know.

To fix the problem, here is what you can do:
Store the order and target location/object in variables, then wait a short amount of time (just enough to finish the transform) and then order the unit to do that stored order to the target.

You should probably explain what your skill does in greater detail, that way people might be able to help you come up with an alternative.

Is the transformation skill absolutely necessary? If it's just a sprint skill you need that doesn't interrupt orders, just use Berserk. If you need it toggleable, use Immolation. These two spells don't interrupt current orders. Wind Walk is also another skill that doesn't interrupt orders, though you'll want to use it merely as a trigger to detect when the sprint is activated.

Level 24
I suppose that he has a transform ability that drains mana over time, hence the brilliance aura.
Because this would mean that you have to transform back when you are out of mana, this means another trigger, hence the events and mana action.

However, when you transform back, this means that any order given is interrupted and therefor has to be re-ordered, hence the question.

Level 5
Yes the sprint transformation drains mana, thats why i need it toggled off when you run out of mana. Whatever ability I use, it needs to be toggled off at zero mana.
But I only see the possibility to do that with an "order unit to use ability" command.
I recently had the problem with desyncs and thats why I'm afraid of using a command cache thats getting even bigger if i dont want the attack command to get interrupted.

Level 24
But that means that he hasnt got an alternative form...

If you remove and add the transformation ability, the unit gets transformed back and does not interrupt orders.
But this wont show any animation... so you have to trigger that or add a special effect.
One good thing is that most morph-able models have a proper animation that you can use.

Level 5
Nice wietlol that's exactly what I need.
I have lots of stuff in my to-do list but i'll definitively try that if the order to use immolation stops movement too.
Thank you everyone now i got some inspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.