• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Odd Trigger Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi, I have a problem with this map i'm making and this sort of way of storing items... (its really simple)

This is to open the storage...

• Open Closet
    • Events
      • Unit - Villager (Male 2) 0011 <gen> Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Open Closet
    • Actions
      • Unit - Change ownership of Closet 0015 <gen> to Player 1 (Red) and Change color
      • Selection - Select Closet 0015 <gen>
      • Unit - Order Villager (Male 2) 0011 <gen> to Stop
      • Unit - Move Villager (Male 2) 0011 <gen> instantly to (Center of Equipment stance <gen>)
      • Unit - Make Villager (Male 2) 0011 <gen> face 1.00 over 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Change ownership of Villager (Male 2) 0011 <gen> to Player 2 (Blue) and Retain color
      • Camera - Apply Closet Cam <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn on Open Closet Extras <gen>
  • Open Closet Extras
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Apply Closet Cam <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
      • Selection - Select Closet 0015 <gen>
This is to close the storage...

• Close Closet
    • Events
      • Unit - Closet 0015 <gen> Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Close Closet
    • Actions
      • Unit - Change ownership of Closet 0015 <gen> to Player 2 (Blue) and Change color
      • Unit - Change ownership of Villager (Male 2) 0011 <gen> to Player 1 (Red) and Retain color
      • Selection - Select Villager (Male 2) 0011 <gen>
      • Unit - Make Villager (Male 2) 0011 <gen> face 270.00 over 0.50 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off Open Closet Extras <gen>
      • Camera - Apply cam reset <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 1.00 seconds

PROBLEM:
For some reason this other trigger I have will make the same Actions occur when the Events are followed for these triggers...
  • Withdraw Carry Belt
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Withdraw Carry Belt
    • Actions
      • Hero - Create Carry Belt and give it to Villager (Male 2) 0011 <gen>
      • Unit - Remove Withdraw Carry Belt from Closet 0015 <gen>
      • Unit - Add Store Carry Belt to Closet 0015 <gen>
  • Store Carry Belt
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Store Carry Belt
    • Actions
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by Villager (Male 2) 0011 <gen> in slot 3)
      • Unit - Remove Store Carry Belt from Closet 0015 <gen>
      • Unit - Add Withdraw Carry Belt to Closet 0015 <gen>
So when the Closet 0015 <gen> casts the ability Store Carry Belt it also does the actions if it was casting Close Closet ability...
??? why ???

Level 6
See I was looking at that thinking it was that same with all the abilities, can you tell me what that is and means? I'm pretty sure I changed some of them from "roar" to "summonspiritwolf" just trying to use some that are spells with no selection. (Made more sense)

Level 9
"Text - Order String - Use/Turn On" make sure each ability has different order string if they can be use on the same hero. It is basically an order to ask the hero to use that ability. If you have both abilities using the same order string on a hero. When you can ability A, it will order the hero to use the "order string" and since there are two of them, it will run two of the trigger.

It doesn't matter what order string you put for spells. You can put carrionswarm for a target unit ability. But it is important to give good order strings to match your ability because if you have an AI, you can order them to use the custom ability properly.

So is it the order string problem?

Level 6
Hmm, I changed them all to different things, and it still seems to use both abilities at same time... what else could it be?

Level 9
It's best to use channel for custom abilities, you can change it to unit target/point target/no target(instant) so you can basicly do anything with it, you only have to change the ID, which is Channel for standard

Status
Not open for further replies.