• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] No need for MUI or Leakless, just make it Work - Ability Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
My first ability is currently using Cluster Rockets without any stun or buffs to it, I use it just for the Area Effect art.

Description: Any units in the target (Large) Area of Effect who are under a sleep incantation are awoken, slowed, and are targetted by a reflection of themselves that deal additional damage and take slightly more damage.
  • False Concord
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to False Concord
    • Actions
      • Set FalseConcord = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 600.00 of FalseConcord matching (((Owner of (Picked unit)) Not equal to Player 1 (Red)) and ((((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Picked unit) has buff Sleep) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Sleep buff from (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Hero - Create Illusion Concord Dummy Item and give it to (Last created unit)
          • Hero - Order (Last created unit) to use (Last created item) on (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow (Picked unit)
My second ability is Rave Ward, which I originally used Charm instead of triggering the unit transfer, but because of creating so many dummy units at once it caused my lag spikes. Now that I use a trigger to change ownership, it doesn't follow the conditions I had set to use.

Description: A Rave Ward is created at the target location, charming nearby units four times in two second intervals, increasing radius per periodic charm. Units affected by Rave have increased attack speed, but lose health per second until dispelled / dead.

• Rave Ward
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Rave
    • Actions
      • Set RavePoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 200.00 of RavePoint matching (((Owner of (Picked unit)) Not equal to Player 1 (Red)) and ((((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to False)))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to Player 1 (Red) and Change color
          • Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s vertex coloring to ((Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%, (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%, (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%) with 0.00% transparency
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Charm\CharmTarget.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Necromancer - Unholy Frenzy (Picked unit)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 400.00 of RavePoint matching (((Owner of (Picked unit)) Not equal to Player 1 (Red)) and ((((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to False)))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s vertex coloring to ((Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%, (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%, (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%) with 0.00% transparency
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Charm\CharmTarget.mdl
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Necromancer - Unholy Frenzy (Picked unit)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 600.00 of RavePoint matching (((Owner of (Picked unit)) Not equal to Player 1 (Red)) and ((((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to False)))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 800.00 of RavePoint matching (((Owner of (Picked unit)) Not equal to Player 1 (Red)) and ((((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to False)))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions

The problem I have with Rave Ward is that it does not follow conditions, it changes the vertex coloring of all units and it changes owner ship of buildings and heroes.

False Concord flat out doesn't work at all.

EDIT: SOLVED! THANK YOU KILLCIDE!

Last edited:
Level 3
  • False Concord
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to False Concord
    • Actions
      • Set FalseConcord = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 600.00 of FalseConcord matching (((Owner of (Picked unit)) Not equal to Player 1 (Red)) and ((((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Picked unit) has buff Sleep) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Sleep buff from (Matching unit)
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Matching unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Hero - Create Illusion Concord Dummy Item and give it to (Last created unit)
          • Hero - Order (Last created unit) to use (Last created item) on (Matching unit)
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Matching unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow (Matching unit)
  • Rave Ward
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Rave
    • Actions
      • Set RavePoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 200.00 of RavePoint matching (((Owner of (Picked unit)) Not equal to Player 1 (Red)) and ((((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to False)))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Change ownership of (Matching unit) to Player 1 (Red) and Change color
          • Animation - Change (Matching unit)'s vertex coloring to ((Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%, (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%, (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%) with 0.00% transparency
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Matching unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Charm\CharmTarget.mdl
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Necromancer - Unholy Frenzy (Matching unit)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 400.00 of RavePoint matching (((Owner of (Picked unit)) Not equal to Player 1 (Red)) and ((((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to False)))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Animation - Change (Matching unit)'s vertex coloring to ((Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%, (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%, (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%) with 0.00% transparency
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Matching unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Charm\CharmTarget.mdl
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Necromancer - Unholy Frenzy (Matching unit)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 600.00 of RavePoint matching (((Owner of (Picked unit)) Not equal to Player 1 (Red)) and ((((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to False)))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 800.00 of RavePoint matching (((Owner of (Picked unit)) Not equal to Player 1 (Red)) and ((((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to False)))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions

Level 37
Ohh god you misunderstood me! You're supposed to change picked unit to matching unit in Unit Group - Pick every unit, not inside the loop ;_;
Picked unit doesn't actually become something until its inside the loop.

• Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 600.00 of FalseConcord matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) Not equal to Player 1 (Red)) and ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) has buff Sleep) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)

Level 3
Aha it turns out the Illusion Item wasn't castable on enemies! I fixed it by changing the targettables. Also, thanks for the reminder on the "begins casting an ability", that was because I based the ability off of devour magic previously, and if I had put it to "starts effect" it would remove the sleep buff before it could actually check for matching.

Also, how would I make it so Rave Ward does not affect any units with spell immunity / resistant skin?

Level 37
Also, how would I make it so Rave Ward does not affect any units with spell immunity / resistant skin?

Maybe adding this to the list of conditions will work? Just make any unit that is spell immune in your map have the same spell immunity spell so you only have to check for 1 spell immune type spell vs all of them.

• (Level of Resistant Skin for (Matching unit)) Equal to 0

Level 3
Thank you so much for all your help! I did it the hard way and added all the immunity / resistant's to the conditions, because this is a melee map after all! My spells work fine now, and now I can go find some icons for them.

I know you've already done enough, but if you're still willing to help me, I've got a trigger-spell that I don't really know how to start.

It's in this thread here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/spell-based-spreading-plague-269324/

Level 37
Thank you so much for all your help! I did it the hard way and added all the immunity / resistant's to the conditions, because this is a melee map after all! My spells work fine now, and now I can go find some icons for them.

No problem. May I ask why you don't care for it to be MUI and leakless?

I know you've already done enough, but if you're still willing to help me, I've got a trigger-spell that I don't really know how to start.

It's in this thread here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/spell-based-spreading-plague-269324/

I'll take a look at it :)

Level 3
My map is an old project of mine that I like to edit sometimes on and off, it's a altered melee map that involves highly specialized races, broken hero's and triggers, and a general shitstorm of armies upon armies. Most of my triggers are leaking and are not MUI because it's singleplayer and I don't have anything that resets cooldowns and stuff. It's a little inspired by my brother who used to make his own map himself, but he lacked the ability to create GUI triggers so his abilities were lackluster.

MUI and leakless is nice, but from this point, it seems slightly redundant. If you'd like, I can share the map with you and you can try it! But I can't post it in the Maps section because when I started this map I never bothered to put credits for models and icons, and I wouldn't want to disrespect the creators of the custom resources that I have put so far.

Level 37
My map is an old project of mine that I like to edit sometimes on and off, it's a altered melee map that involves highly specialized races, broken hero's and triggers, and a general shitstorm of armies upon armies. Most of my triggers are leaking and are not MUI because it's singleplayer and I don't have anything that resets cooldowns and stuff. It's a little inspired by my brother who used to make his own map himself, but he lacked the ability to create GUI triggers so his abilities were lackluster.

MUI and leakless is nice, but from this point, it seems slightly redundant

MUI would still be a problem for a single-player map :) if anything, you should at least make it leakless because that can evidently lead to a crash.

If you'd like, I can share the map with you and you can try it! But I can't post it in the Maps section because when I started this map I never bothered to put credits for models and icons, and I wouldn't want to disrespect the creators of the custom resources that I have put so far.

Just use the Pastebin and send it to me.

Level 3
I guess I never learned to make things MUI, and that is evident with my use of waits as a short-cut to make my abilities have any way of working. I've also never learned to make my own abilities leakless because I never really experienced a crash from them in my map before.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/avr2pz/_files/Skys Heroes WTF Mode 2.w3x

This is the current version, right now I'm working on "The Fourth Wall" hero. The fountain sells items that are useful. It is advised to type -cam and warpten at the start to increase your view and help the bots with their army spamming capability. There's no current objective and I doubt I'll ever add one.

Also, don't mind the occasional siege engine noise, that was my failed attempt at creating an airship that dropped hostile enemy's from the sky at an interval. I am still in the process of fixing it.

Level 37
I guess I never learned to make things MUI, and that is evident with my use of waits as a short-cut to make my abilities have any way of working. I've also never learned to make my own abilities leakless because I never really experienced a crash from them in my map before.

Well I'll fix SOME of your triggers and link you to some helpful tutorials then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.