"Trigger leaks"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenji.1484

K

Kenji.1484

Hi, I've been wandering around the forums lately, and I've seen quite a lot of people talking about "leaks" in their triggers. I would like to know what this means, because I am making a map (my first one :grin:) and I've made at least a couple of hundreds of triggers, all of them have been tested and they work, but I don't know if any of them have "leaks" in them, whatever that is. :hohum: Could someone explain to me what this means please? Thank you and sorry for my noobishness. :sad:

Level 6
Aside: You should seriously try the search function, this question gets asked every day... there's even a sticky on it.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-and-scripts-269/things-that-leak-35124/

If a trigger works, that's great, however, triggers 'leak' when they create temporary data (location coordinates, unit groups, and a few other examples) and WC3 doesn't flush it. Unfortunately, this means a map reliant on GUI will need several 'temp' variables and a custom script so you can flush out the data yourself.

If you don't do this, maps played on bnet will begin to lag out, if leaks are severe enough.

Kenji.1484

K

Kenji.1484

Thank you for your answer, FlowerofSpeech! (+rep)
And sorry I didn't use the Search function, stupid of me. =/

Level 8
... I've made at least a couple of hundreds of triggers ... but I don't know if any of them have "leaks" in them...

:xxd: Good luck with that ^^

Nah only joking, the most frequently used that leak are locations and unit groups.

To give you an example, I had a few triggers than ran every 0.02 seconds ina map of mine. If there was a leak anywhere in the trigger the map would become unplayable within 2 minutes ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.