• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger for selection between more than 4 races

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, i know it is possible to create a new race (for example burning legion) for a map. I also know that i can create an AI for this race.

But can someone tell me if it is possible to create a trigger which allows every player at the begin of the game to chose between all the races (in this example: human, night elves, orc, undead and burning legion)?

And it is also possible to create a trigger which randomly changes the AI of an computer player who was not assigned with a special race at the beginning of the game to the new created one and also give him the new starting units (in this example: burning legion)?

I would really appreciate it to get some help for this problem because i´m planning to create a map with approximately 6 to 8 diffrent races (including the standart races) but i habe absolutely no idea how to create the triggers.

Level 9
first, disable the spawning of units in the melee init trigger.
make a dialog box then detect if a player has clicked on a button, then spawn the units for the race.
for ai, set an integer to a random number, then spawn the units for the ai depending on the number.

Level 2
Ok, thanks a lot for the information. All in all it means that it is possible to make more than 4 races usable. But i´m sure that i won´t be able to get that working on my own. I will come back to this problem later. But at first a have to create tha races and the AI´s.

Status
Not open for further replies.