• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ai for a custom race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
(I am rediculously new with posting stuff on HIVE so if i'm doing something wrong please tell me!)

I am creating a custom race map based on an old RTS game and im aiming for it to be detailed (this is my first serious project and I know it won't be that good but its something im determined to at least finish it no matter how bad it will probably be).

The basic premise of the game is...
  • 5 new Races that replace the old 4 races from W3.
  • Each Race has a Monarch (hero) that is each races' first builder that eventually expands into an empire.
  • There is only one resource that is gathered in a simmilar way to gold (I will probably add a substitute for lumber later).
  • Each race has multiple builders with each becoming more advanced and powerful (monarch is the most powerful builder however they cannot build advanced structures).
  • Each of the 5 new races will have more units than the races in the base game but less buildings.
Im still working on it however i've run into an issue...

When the game starts the way a player selects a race is by using a dialoge box.

upload_2019-3-28_21-28-14.png

The Dialoge works normally and when a player selects a option it will spawn a hero, however because an ai is not a player I need to somehow make the ai choose a dialogue option. I will also need to import an ai so that the Computer player can actually interact with the objects.

I am very new to creating an ai for a map and would like any help I can get, i've done some searching on HIVE and I was wondering (if I can't use an ai) how to properly trigger a computer player to use each races' Techtree.

Thank you to anyone reading this aswell as anyone that can help me with my issue!

Last edited:
Level 1
In the trigger editor, you can select the race with a random integer. Then, according to the result, you can run the proper AI script for the selected race.

That actually makes alot of sense for a solution to the dialogue problem, Thanks! I appreciate it! +rep

I'm still confused on the ai part but at least the race selection problem is gone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.