1. Join Texturing Contest #30 now in a legendary battle of mythological creatures!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The winners of our cinematic soundtrack competition have been decided! Step by the Music Contest #11 - Results to check the entries and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Race Selection Dialog

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by tdrsmynm, Nov 1, 2018.

1. tdrsmynm

tdrsmynm

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can anyone help me with a map I'm trying to make.
    It is somehow related to UB - Ultimate Battle v2.20b AI+
    I am creating multiple races; however, I don't have the time to learn advanced triggers.
    I am trying to create a dialog where a player can select the custom races.

Thank you

+rep to anyone who helps

2. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Resources:
    Learning to make a single dialog selection trigger is not "advanced" and you should be able to do it (I actually believe in you, this isn't me being a dick about it). You may find the demo map in this thread useful: Good Custom Race Chooser template map?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  3. Donnerkoettel

Donnerkoettel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dialog Triggers are quite easy for beginners i think.
    But what about the race selection?

I dont know the Ultimate Battle map, so i dont know what you are after.

However for an meele map you need to create starting units for the players yourself, set a hero training limit, initial resourcess and so on. Is it an player vs pc map? In that case you might need an custom AI.

Edit:
    When you have some time i recommand you a tower defense tutorial. This way i started triggeting. It can be frustrating a bit, becouse TD's use much triggers with much functions and so on. Well the good point is, that you learn much about the trigger editor by trying it. Solving
    a TD tutorial might open some doors for you to create games no one has thaught about yet.

The more i learn about triggers, the less im playing becouse i love to play god more and more...
    ;)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018