1. The contestants were to create water structures for the 20th Terraining Contest. Choose one in the public poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Race Selection Dialog

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by tdrsmynm, Nov 1, 2018.

1. tdrsmynm

tdrsmynm

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can anyone help me with a map I'm trying to make.
    It is somehow related to UB - Ultimate Battle v2.20b AI+
    I am creating multiple races; however, I don't have the time to learn advanced triggers.
    I am trying to create a dialog where a player can select the custom races.

Thank you

+rep to anyone who helps

2. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Resources:
    Learning to make a single dialog selection trigger is not "advanced" and you should be able to do it (I actually believe in you, this isn't me being a dick about it). You may find the demo map in this thread useful: Good Custom Race Chooser template map?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  3. Donnerkoettel

Donnerkoettel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dialog Triggers are quite easy for beginners i think.
    But what about the race selection?

I dont know the Ultimate Battle map, so i dont know what you are after.

However for an meele map you need to create starting units for the players yourself, set a hero training limit, initial resourcess and so on. Is it an player vs pc map? In that case you might need an custom AI.

Edit:
    When you have some time i recommand you a tower defense tutorial. This way i started triggeting. It can be frustrating a bit, becouse TD's use much triggers with much functions and so on. Well the good point is, that you learn much about the trigger editor by trying it. Solving
    a TD tutorial might open some doors for you to create games no one has thaught about yet.

The more i learn about triggers, the less im playing becouse i love to play god more and more...
    ;)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018