• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Race Selection Dialog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Can anyone help me with a map I'm trying to make.
It is somehow related to UB - Ultimate Battle v2.20b AI+
I am creating multiple races; however, I don't have the time to learn advanced triggers.
I am trying to create a dialog where a player can select the custom races.

Thank you

+rep to anyone who helps

Level 39
Last edited:
Level 3
Dialog Triggers are quite easy for beginners i think.
But what about the race selection?

I dont know the Ultimate Battle map, so i dont know what you are after.

However for an meele map you need to create starting units for the players yourself, set a hero training limit, initial resourcess and so on. Is it an player vs pc map? In that case you might need an custom AI.

Edit:
When you have some time i recommand you a tower defense tutorial. This way i started triggeting. It can be frustrating a bit, becouse TD's use much triggers with much functions and so on. Well the good point is, that you learn much about the trigger editor by trying it. Solving
a TD tutorial might open some doors for you to create games no one has thaught about yet.

The more i learn about triggers, the less im playing becouse i love to play god more and more...
;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.