• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Trigger Events Not Firing (Final Fantasy RPG Map)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Here's the situation. I have made some huge new changes to my map. I was hopping to have the changes at least testable before I leave for China on Jan 12th (return 7th Feb).

Most of the new triggers are written (except for 95% of the abilities). I was only able to test navigating the new menu so all the other new triggers are untested. Since testing the navigation when I now go into the map most triggers just don't work for no apparent reason.

I have tried making the simplest of triggers just to test that its not just flaws in the triggers I have written. For example I made the below GUI trigger:
Events - Player 1 Selects a Unit
Conditions -
Actions - Game - Display to (All Players) the text: Test

Believe it or not, not even the above trigger works. Triggers using 'Event - Unit Starts the Effect of an Ability' also do not work.
I did find that triggers using the 'Event - Player 1 types text message containing text event' it does work.

So if anyone can help me solve this problem please do. (map attached)

Attachments

• Final Fantasy VII Battle Demo V0.01.w3x
    2.7 MB · Views: 42
Level 5
You should make a backup for the Map and re-install Warcraft III
If not, i dunno Sadly

Don't worry I have saved older versions. I don't think re-installing Warcraft III will help because I have tested the map on 3 different PCs with the same problem.

I usually can trouble shoot problems myself, but this situation is unique because the problem is not just with one trigger. Most Events are just refusing to fire (register that they happened). It doesn't matter how simple the trigger is.

I'm stumped.

Level 5
Didn't u read what i told u You may turned off all the trigers shek all ur trigers AGAIN !!!

Sorry when I started writing the first reply your message had not come through yet, no I had not read it. Don't worry I didn't just jump on here expecting everyone to do the hard work for me. I have speed read every single trigger, now I'm going through them with a fine tooth comb so to speak.

I am searching for an action (line of code) that disables all triggers.
Do you mean Trigger - Turn off "Insert trigger name here" or are you talking about something else?

Level 5
The name of the integer array that I found was too large is: integerSupportMateriaArray with the size set the to 4160.

I did a quick count of the total arrays in my map and I counted 150.

Ive read that if you set values to arrays they automatically increases the size of the array in-game.
For example:
Say I created an array in the editor and set its initial size to 2:
dummyArray(2)
Then in-game there is a line of code:
set dummyArray(3) = 123
This should automatically increase the size of the array.
To be safe I set the sizes of my arrays in the editor (not in-game) to make sure the values are not called upon before the values are set. I thought that arrays used the maximum size of the array no matter what you set them too anyway. Possibly if you do not set the array sizes in the editor the arrays do not use up memory until values are assigned, but in my case of pre-defining the sizes the memory is being used. The field: 'Initial Value' which cannot be set to none makes me think this.

I may be exceeding the maximum amount of array pre-defined sizes (memory used) you are allowed to have in a map?

Level 7
All arrays are 8191 sized. All the GUI size thing does is initialise it up to that side. Try and setup too much like that, and it'll fail. So don't initialise it in the GUI thing, there's no need.

No, arrays are resized by powers of 2. If you go too big, it resizes to the next power of 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.