• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger causes instant crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I can't figure out why this trigger is bombing the game instantly.

• AfterMoloFlamsestrike
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Molotov (item)
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Am I firding a mill...
      • Set TempHeroPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set TempPoint2 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 MolotovDummy2 for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint2 facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set MolotovCaster = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 8.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order MolotovCaster to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike TempHeroPoint
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempHeroPoint)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint2)
All I know is if I remove 'Unit - Order MolotovCaster to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike', it doesn't crash. How do I fix it?

I did a reset on the ability and all of a sudden it doesn't bomb it anymore? Maybe I changed a property of it and it didn't like that?

Level 8
I bet he has the fields:

"Full Damage Interval" or "Half Damage Interval"

set to 0.00

This will make it try to apply damage ticks 0.00 seconds apart (infinitely) which will cause the crash

(if you want it to deal no damage over time, set the damage to 0 and the intervals to 100.00)

Level 5
No, the dummy uses an ability and it starts on item use. Definately something in the ability

Status
Not open for further replies.