• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triclyde

Triclyde (from Super Mario Bros. 2 / Doki Doki Panic)

Made by: Dan van Ohllus (aka Kuhneghetz)

Description:
This three-headed snake works for the evil King Wart and uses his fireballs to attack his enemies.
He only appeared in Super Mario Bros. 2 (Doki Doki Panic in Japan) and The Super Mario Bros. Super Show.
In SMB2, he acts as a boss in the second world and the sixth world. The best way to kill
Triclyde is to throw heavy mushroom blocks at him.
In the cartoon show, Triclyde assists King Koopa (aka Bowser) to
stop the Mario Brothers in some episodes.

Model description:
Both the model and the textures is based on the Wc3 Hydra unit.
Legs removed and animations altered to fit the character.
Texture uses manipulated colours, plus some freehand on the highlights, the pupils and the removal of team colour (the purpose of this model is to use it as an enemy boss unit anyway).

GIVE CREDITS IF YOU USE THIS MODELS IN YOUR MAP!!!

Feel free to edit this model for your projects as long as you credit me for the model you based it from.

Enjoy! ;)

Keywords:
triclyde, tryclyde, snake, hydra, three, headed, head, super, mario, mushroom, kingdom, nintendo, subcon, smb2, doki, panic, ddp
Contents

Triclyde (Model)

Assets
Reviews
18:27, 30th Nov 2009 DonDustin: the changes are all in all pretty minor, but it could be recommended for Mario maps or could be useful for any other genre. But it would have been nice if you would not have removed the legs as people might have found...

M

18:27, 30th Nov 2009
DonDustin: the changes are all in all pretty minor, but it could be recommended for Mario maps or could be useful for any other genre.
But it would have been nice if you would not have removed the legs as people might have found a use for it :>

Level 48
Hmm... The biggest(and best) part of this model is quite likely the altered animations. Without them, the model would have been too simple of an edit, in my opinion. The texture looks great, and the model seems to fit the concept(in comparison to images from Google, like this one, that is). Overall, it's nice and could be useful. Good job!

You could have made the eyes bigger or something, I guess, but I don't know how it's supposed to look like, aside from looking at the images at Google, so I can't really recommend anything.

Level 15
There's something unnatural about how it moves (it looks like it's phantom legs are submerged under the terrain) and it doesn't quite look like it's slithering along the ground, but would be cool if you had the same model but all the features of the original hydra (legs, etc.).