• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Transparency on skins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
hi i have a question i wanna make the skin with transparency like a ghost how i do this? thanks to all

the skin is a drowning zombie

Attachments

• zombie swarm.jpg
    zombie swarm.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 157
You will need Magos' Model Editor to do this. You can find it in the Tool's section.

Open up the Model Editor then go to Windows > MPQ Browser.

1.png

Once you've got that open, you'll need to go File > War3.mpq and navigate to the zombie model then double-click on it to open it.

2.png

Now open up the Material Manager (Windows > Material Manager) and open up a material, as shown in the image below, and change its blend mode. What you want is either Add Alpha or Additive. I'm not positive which.

3.png

I'm sure there's more you can do to make it ghostly, but that's all I know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.