• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Transparency problem in game for custom units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have recently modded the penguin Blizzard unit to have an attack animation (which is extremely buggy, but that’s posted elsewhere) and I have found an extremely strange problem with the more “aggressive” looking skin I gave it.

The penguin is partially see through…

Although I added no transparency to the skin itself, there are still parts of the penguin that are completely transparent in game. This is a creepy (in a bad way) effect that I do not know how to get rid of.

Any ideas on what I did wrong and how to fix it?

(note: The skin is a .blp I converted using the WarIII viewer. I made the initial Targa skin in Photoshop and made sure to save with an alpha layer for the team color.)

Attachments

• PengoNew.blp
    85.3 KB · Views: 72
  • PengoNew.tga
    128 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
The fact that you made a different penguin instead of just altering blizzards penguins anims means the wrap will not transfer correctly. You can compare this with trying to cover a 1 foot wide plate with a 6 inch piece of plastic wrap. The easiest way to fix it is to go to oinkerwinkles site and read his tutorials, especially the scratch modeling one if you wanna know how to make the skin fit properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.