• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Transparency on old programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I know there are plenty of people who ask how to apply transparency to images, and i've read all teh explanations. But those are for new software. Until I can obtain a new version of Photoshop, I'm stuck using Photoshop 4.0 LE... :(

So, I'm wndering if anyone here knows how to edit alpha channels in Photoshop 4.0 LE without doing something that forces the image to be saved as a Photoshop file, which can't be used by warcraft at all.

I have already downloaded an alpha-channel editting plug-in, but it requires the creation of a new layer of each part to be made transparent, and in 4.0 LE, if you create new layers, the file must be saved as a Photoshop file.

Can anyone provide assistance (no, I don't mean yelling at me to get Photoshop 7 or CS, I mean actual assistance).

Status
Not open for further replies.