• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Transmission won't clear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
As part of my map I created a cinematic skipped trigger, however it seems to me as if the cinematic trigger itself does not disappear entirely, as there is one transmission that always slips though to the actual gameplay time.

• Starting Cinematics skipped
    • Events
      • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Set CinematicSkip = True
      • Trigger - Clear the trigger queue
      • -------- Fadeout and start --------
      • Cinematic - Fade out over 1.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Unit - Unhide Footman 0099 <gen>
      • Unit - Unhide Footman 0100 <gen>
      • Unit - Unhide Forester 0101 <gen>
      • Unit - Unhide Priest 0102 <gen>
      • -------- Unit movement towerds startng location --------
      • Set tempLoc1 = (Center of StartingLocation <gen>)
      • Set tempLoc2 = (tempLoc1 offset by 256.00 towards 95.00 degrees)
      • Unit - Move Captain of the Guard 0107 <gen> instantly to tempLoc2, facing (Player 10 (Light Blue) start location)
      • Set tempGroup = (Units in TheCamp <gen> owned by Player 10 (Light Blue))
      • Set tempLoc2 = (Position of Captain of the Guard 0107 <gen>)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in tempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to tempLoc1, facing tempLoc2
      • -------- Location cleanup --------
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempLoc1)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempLoc2)
      • -------- Game Set --------
      • Environment - Set sky to None
      • Cinematic - Clear the screen of text messages for (All players)
      • Camera - Apply StartingLocation <gen> for Player 10 (Light Blue) over 0.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Fade in over 1.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • -------- Cinematic end --------
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Turn off letterbox mode (show interface) for (All players): fade in over 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn subtitle display override Off
      • Cinematic - Enable user control for (All players)

I won't post the cinematic trigger itself because it's quite large, but I have lined every transmission and long pause with the following action:

• If (CinematicSkip Equal to True) then do (Skip remaining actions) else do (Do nothing)
Any idea what's making it appear?

Level 39
I've never used the 'clear trigger queue' action so I don't know its inner workings, but that's the only thing that stands out to me. Is it the same line of dialogue every time or different depending on when you press ESC to skip?

Level 12
Alright I must be blind... I missed the cinematic skip if else action before the first transmission.

I've never used the 'clear trigger queue' action so I don't know its inner workings, but that's the only thing that stands out to me.

If I understood correctly this actions clears all pending triggers, i.e. those which have not started already. It does not clear the cinematic trigger as it is already running, but it's sort of a failsafe to start the game clean (and blizzard used it in their cinematic skips so I thought what the hack I'll add it)

Status
Not open for further replies.