• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Transformer Swordsman

My 10th upload but this time, it's a hero. A swordsman that transform into a vehicle that moves on high speed. It can also attack and has an additional attachment for it if you want to make it look like attacking while moving.

Model Reference=Footman
Geoset Added Reference=Steam Tank
Model Idea Based=Mobile Legemds Hero (Johnson)

Update v1.1:

Changed some things including:
-Resized to 1.6x including the gunfire effects(making it more on heroic size rather than troop sized one)
-Added attachments to alternate form
-Fixed viewer issue
-Reanimated and adjusted time sequencs for morphing
-Optimized walk animation

Thanks for looking forward to my uploads!!

Update v1.2:
-Removed unused textures and stuff :3
Previews
Contents

Gunfire Effect (Model)

Gunfire Effect Alternate (Model)

Portrait (Model)

Tranformer Swordsman (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Model works in-game and performs adequate. Good job. Very creative.
well hive viewer is borked..

i like this fellow, but perhaps he's a bit of a particle spam, especially when he's driving, aka alternate walk. perhaps you should have a driving anim that doesn't have the boost effects, as default alternate walk

also, have a look and see if you can slow down the morph anims for a second or so.. matrix eater can help ya there

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
(finally working in viewer)

Now this is kickin'! You didn't just do the bare minimum with this guy; you took that extra step. Love it! The Alternate Walk Fast (RAMMMING SPEEEEED) is sick with sick SFX; the Morph & Morph Alternate (especially Morph Alternate) are very cool; the Defend form is a welcome addition.

I have no use for it but it's great. : )

Level 3
you're not working on it anymore? is it just thorar? i just got back into it and im seeing this v4.00 beta14 stuff where the map has been extended. is this a legit version? lol i got it off some other website
Yeah, that's the most recent version. Thorlar hasn't touched it for years, it was all me since February 2020. I haven't stopped MMRPG for good, I'm just working on FFO RPG for a bit instead. Maybe speak to me on discord, so we don't spam on a model in here.

Question for Shardeth. What happens if someone were to make a unit based on this model, the unit morphs, and the unit ends up running out of hit points? Does the model play the standard death animation? Personally, I don't think it should especially considering that other morphing models like the night elf druids, Medivh, and all Demon Hunters (Illidan being a Prime and Absolutely included example) their alternate forms all have their own unique death animations. Personally, I wouldn't use this model until there is an alternate death animation added in, but I do believe this is a wonderful model.