• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trade Wars game needs conflict points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
The way I have this game thought out now, there would be some conflict such as competition for materials. This is a game that takes trading from for example the maps Battle Ships, Battle Tanks, Bloody Pirates, and Island Troll Tribes to a new level of intricacy for hours of play.

There are many paths to gain power and prestige, these are but a few wars that could be waged by an individual and perhaps won.

Bidding War - Pull business away from everyone else and keep your customers around buying your products.
Resource wars - Collect the most materials for yourself and keep them from thy sneaky neighbors!
Industrial Revolution -Can you produce products in the fastest time and generate a trade monopoly over everyone else?
War of the Lambs (halocaust war) - Think your neighbors could be winning? You could be right but there are ways to bring down the savvy, with plagues of locusts, sabotage units, poisons, and politics.

But I think I am going to need more thoughts for different ways of winning to be able to pull enough people into playing my map.

Level 12
Sounds like Its players playing with the AI... I dig that....

You could also do this...
-Invest in other players and everytime you can get your money back at anytime which would be at a percentage of what the person had........

So...
If they had 50.... and you gave them 100 they would have 150

If you take your money back.... and they have 1500 now.... you would get 1000 gold....

Level 24
Intersting. . .

Some ideas,

Religious/Political domination: If enough % of population followed your religion or was your politic then victory. (66%?).

Scientific: A space race kind of thing perhaps, first to space wins the game.

Infantry War: The classic good, fight it out

Duel: Leaders can duel each other for "reputation" and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.