• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tower that look like units with an upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I want to set a tower that has the model of Troll Head Hunter with the Berserker upgrade, but no matter what abillity I give him he still looks like a normal head hunter. (This one is a tower/structure)

Same with Illidan, I want him to be morphed, but when I give him the abillity he still comes out normal (Illidan is a unit you send)

Last edited:
Level 12
Use the tower upgrade 'system'.

Scout Tower becomes Guard Tower etc, right? so just use those building and edit in the object editor.

That can't really seem to work for me.
What I did was Copy Illidan Morphed and pasted him so I have 1 as a Custom Unit. The thing is, when I select the original one in tool palette he is morphed, when I select the pasted one who is now under "custom units" he is not morphed. They are 100% the same in object editor and yet 1 shows morphed while the other one doesn't .

Any help would be appreciated.
Remember that I am still new to World Editor.

Level 4
Hi Dane,
Err for the Troll Berserker, If i've understood correctly..
On your custom unit doubleclick 'Art - Required Animation Names', Delete any existing 'strings' that are there (if any).

Go to 'Add String' and type in; 'alternate' (no quote marks) and press ok, and this should make it use the Berserker Model.

Do the same thing for your custom Illidan.

Level 12
Hi Dane,
Err for the Troll Berserker, If i've understood correctly..
On your custom unit doubleclick 'Art - Required Animation Names', Delete any existing 'strings' that are there (if any).

Go to 'Add String' and type in; 'alternate' (no quote marks) and press ok, and this should make it use the Berserker Model.

Do the same thing for your custom Illidan.

WORKS! THANKS!
Can I use that field to add skills to a tower? For example if I want the towers attacks to have the Moon Glaive abillity so they bouce?

Level 4
Skills are selectable on the 'Abilities - Normal' section. You could also make custom abilities based upon existing abilities to change its settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.