• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upgrading unit individualy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Greetings!
I have an unit which can build a tower building(ancient protector) and i've add an upgrade(research) on this tower.
What I want to make is that when I select 1 tower and click that upgrade only that unit upgrades(upgrade icon must dissapear for this tower). (the upgrade will give ability - spell immunity to the unit)
After i build another tower or click to another tower, i want to see the upgrade again so i can make spell immunity towers 1 by 1.
I want the upgrade to cost gold and lumber.. I don't want to change the entire unit with "upgrades to"..
It is possible?

The help will be appreciated!

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Use the Charge Gold and Lumber ability and detect when the unit casts it using this trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to YourAbility
  • Actions
    • Unit - Add Spell Immunity to (Triggering unit)
    • Unit - Remove YourAbility from (Triggering unit)
I haven't tested it but it SHOULD work. You may need to use a different cast Event.

Status
Not open for further replies.