• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Oddity With Demon Hunter (2nd Form)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went ahead and did a quick search through the forums, but couldn't find anything on the first page. It seems as though placing a Demon Hunter (Alternate Form) on the map and then changing his team color causes him to morph back into a Demon Hunter, while still in the world editor. Does anyone know if this is a glitch? Are there ways to force a unit to morph while in the editor quickly without placing a new unit entirely? This does not seem to happen with the Avatar of Vengeance, Bear Form Druid of the Wild, or Falcon form Druid of the Talon. It does however happen with Illidan, and Illidan (Evil).

An oddity that occurs because of this is that Undo, does not affect the newly morphed demon hunter. The unit does retain his number i.e. Illidan (Morphed) 0018 turns into Illidan 0018, and any triggers that target the unit remain enabled.

Any thoughts?

Level 19
Illidans are buggy. If you give a unit based of Illidan (Evil) a channel ability and make him use it he will become uncontrollable and will just stay in one place (I'd guess ~3 minutes, as was in the campaign where he needed to do it; I didnt wait that long). Changing the order string doesnt make a difference.

As for your problem, I guess its related to Illidan's mission in the RoC campaigns, where he changed into a demon permanently.

Level 19
will just stay in one place (I'd guess ~3 minutes,

are you sure you didnt forget to uncheck "Disable other abilities" and change the duration to something other than 180? i didnt test it but that sounds like a funzie coincidence.

anyway, to OP, i dont think there is since morph is an ability. if it works, you can replace every illidan with a illidan evil on map init

are you sure you didnt forget to uncheck "Disable other abilities" and change the duration to something other than 180? i didnt test it but that sounds like a funzie coincidence.

anyway, to OP, i dont think there is since morph is an ability. if it works, you can replace every illidan with a illidan evil on map init

I wouldn't need to replace Illidan with an Illidan evil. It seems to just be in my best interest to place the morphed versions on the map under the team color I intend, that way they don't change back.

Thanks for the info, however.

Could you post the map with this bug in it?

I could not copy your results in any way, very weird. Unless your using a custom unit with the model of Illidan evil? Then it could be that you forgot to put ex on the end of alternate maybe...? Since every form has that extension for animation name.

It was just a new map. It wasn't even one I saved. I was just testing out attachment models on something I knew carried no weapons and was relatively big. It happened before I even imported anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.