• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tower Range Increase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Is it possible to make it so, you can increase the range of a specific tower? Or will i have to make another set of towers? Cause I would rather not make 2 of all my units i have in my game =/ (I want it to upgrade it for 1 of the units, not all of the units that type)

Level 18
Use something like the upgrade abilities.. there are already some abilities, that are increasing the range of units (Dwarfen Sniper range gets increased via upgrade on normaly Wc3) so how about using this and adjusting it to your towers? just search a bit, there are some abilities that increases the towers range..

hmmm... this seems like a troubling issue, but i guess the range/acquiring range idea would work... the towers would just begin to acquire the enemies at their range, and not see the units and have a shot ready for them when they get in range... i dunno, if the player just can click 'attack' and then choose a visible unit... and then fire anywhere on the map. i would say the safe version, is, to make more towers, with just different ranges. i'm not sure, i might be able to find a solution...

But i'm guessing a trigger looking like this would work... it was made entirely out of mind, without the trigger at hand, and i hope you get the picture

• Rangetrigger
  • Event
    • A unit is attacked
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • If/then/else multiple actions
      • If
        • Attacked unit is in within 800 range (if the normal have 600 e.g) of attacking unit
      • Then
        • If/Then/Else multiple actions
          • If
            • Attacking unit is in unit group (towers with this skill)
          • Then
            • Do nothing
          • Else
            • Order (attacking unit) to (stop)
        • Else
          • Do nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.