• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Torov the Half-Elven Warrior!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torov the Half-Elven Warrior
warriormodel2lx7.png

This is a model i started a while ago in Maya PLE(Personal Learning Editon, a free version of Maya that has everything maya has but...saves as a upscure file type that cant be used :wink:)
Any way ill just list some things about the parts and how i made them:

Textures:
I used some textures off of a downloaded MMORPG called Minions of Mirth. So all texture credits go to Prairie Games Inc.

Model Parts:

Arms: For the arms i just took a bunch of circles and lofted them into a shape.

Hands: These hand models are a mesh that i downloaded and modified. So yea..

Chest/Head/Legs: For these i just took a cube with divisions "3 2 3" and edited them by pulling points and extruding, then smoothing and adding detail.

Hair: Hair was just taken by a shaped plane that was extruded and shaped with vertex points.

Sholderpads: Modified cylnder(srry for the spelling I'm to lazy to look it up :razz:)

Belts/Handpads/Straps/Kneepads etc.: Sorta like the hair, a plane that was extruded, smoothed and pulled vertex points.

Sword/Axe/Bow: Just modifed and smoothed planes and some modifed cubes.
----------------------------
And yes i have not finished the legs yet...still trying to figure that out

Attachments

• WarriorModel4.jpg
    WarriorModel4.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 933
  • WarriorModel5.jpg
    WarriorModel5.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 909
  • WarriorModel1.png
    WarriorModel1.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 925
  • WarriorModel3.jpg
    WarriorModel3.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 902
  • WarriorModel6.jpg
    WarriorModel6.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 878
Level 23
isn't this more of a high poly model? if not, please say so ^^, if it is, then why is it in the low poly catagory? thank you ^^. and indeed, make the face a bit less flat, yet, I have never even made a good model so I shouldn't complaint =D

Level 8
How about fixing the normals? that would fix the strange shading on the chest. Why not download zBrush to create the face? It's much easier to create a human(oid) face in that. The only thing is, zBrush comes with a 30 day limit unless you buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.