• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Playing Around With Milkshape 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided to try to work with MS3D a bit more and I've been playing around with scratch-modeling, custom textures, etc. First I tried scratch modeling; The result was a total phailure. After that I took Arthas' body and the Mountain King's head and really played around with them. After making a concept art I got a good idea of how to play around with the mesh and get the shape I want. So using vertex-by-vertex scratch modeling a made a kilt and weapon to give it a somewhat unique appearance and keep you away from the fact that it's just Arthas and the Mountain King. Afterwards I made a texture and am still finishing up the wrap and of course tweaking it a bit.

I'm having some troubles with the kilt, however. In the UV Mapping the wrap for the kilt is made up of 1 vertex. I could revamp it but I'm having troubles getting only the kilt in my selection.

I'll post some updates soon, I believe I have an idea of how I can get the wrap right.

Here are a few points I'd like to bring up before you give feedback:

• This is my third model in MS3D. I know that's no excuse but don't expect anything too good.
  • The Concept Art was just sketched out in roughly an hour. I'm not a very good artist and don't draw on a regular basis so don't expect too much detail out of that. It was just simply for ideas.
  • The unwrap is very unproportional. It dosen't affect the wrap so just ignore it. I only did that so I could fit everthing on to the 256x256 sized image while keeping it at a reasonal quality.

Attachments

• ss0000.JPG
    ss0000.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 147
  • Battlemaster.jpg
    Battlemaster.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Level 9
vrykuls are a bit more bulky so urs needs a wider chest probally, also there faces r longish =p the skins pretty blurry and doesnt have much detail but idk how far into it u r?

Well it was more based off Blizzard's original concept art versus the WotLK model. Honestly, I think the concept looked a lot better.

Well here's another WIP.

• Wrapped the kilt.
  • Finished texturing the legs.
  • Completed the mesh.

I'll be tweaking the hue and rigging him soon.

Attachments

• BattlemasterSS0000.JPG
    BattlemasterSS0000.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 108
  • BattlemasterUnwrap.jpg
    BattlemasterUnwrap.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.