• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Milkshape Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
So, I have gotten into scratch modeling, and as the title implies I am using Milkshape. Also as it implies I need help. So far, I am just wondering how you can make a single part of the texture be wrapped over several parts of the model.

For example, I have some pipes, and I do not want to texture every single bit, so I want it to repeat. But I only know how to unwrap the model so I see the front view and what not.

I also need to know how to wrap the sides and such so that they are just not stretched. Basically, I need to know how to go in and change the wrap to my hearts desire rather than letting MilkShape do what it wants.

EDIT: Nevermind most of that, but I do need to know how to map the side of something. I have figured out how to move the unwrap around and such, but do not know how to incorporate the side.

Let’s say we are wrapping a square, but we can’t get the side to wrap properly due to the angle of the faces. To fix this problem select the faces on the sides of the of the square, open the Texture Coordinate Editor, change the Remap tab from Front to Left and hit Remap. Move the vertices over top of the wrap and close the Texture Coordinate Editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.