• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Tornado moves units passively

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have altered the Tornado ability, to make it slowly move units towards it, using this trigger:
  • Tornado
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit group - Pick every unit matching (Matching unit has buff Tornado (Slow Aura) equal to True)
        • Unit - Move (Picked unit) to (Position of (Picked unit) offset by 2.00 towards Tornado_position)
Where "Tornado_position" is the position of the Tornado. However, the units being moved get stunned when they move, ie they can't attack, move, or cast abilities. Is this fixable? Please help!

Last edited:
Level 18
You based the ability on an ability that causes stun or you based the buff on a stunning buff. Chance the based off ability/buff, or check the Object Editor to see if you can remove any stunning effects or remove stunning buffs from the ability.

Level 12
Ouch, that trigger is leaking 2 locations every 0.03 seconds. Take a look at the Sticky "Things that leak" to fix that.

As for your problem, I would suggest making it a larger move for less time. Basically, change the 0.03 seconds to something like 0.6 seconds, and the moving 2.00 units to somethingh like 6.00 units. It won't look as smooth but it might fix your problem.

And fix those leaks or your map will be unplayable.

Ouch, that trigger is leaking 2 locations every 0.03 seconds. Take a look at the Sticky "Things that leak" to fix that.

As for your problem, I would suggest making it a larger move for less time. Basically, change the 0.03 seconds to something like 0.6 seconds, and the moving 2.00 units to somethingh like 6.00 units. It won't look as smooth but it might fix your problem.

And fix those leaks or your map will be unplayable.

But whenever the units are "instant moving" they stop their current order :/

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 30
Won't that require them to re-cast the ability?
(About the leaks: I had leak-fixing actions in my trigger, I was just too lazy to post them in the first post.)

It doesn't seem to be able to fix, but thanks anyway, everyone.

No if a unit is mid-cast or channeling it will not stop if it's X by Y position is changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.