• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Moving Rocks Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I cant get it work. Can anyone tell me wats wrong with this?
  • Rage
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Rage
    • Actions
      • Set TargetOfRage = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set MoveRocks = 0.00
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 18, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Rocks for Neutral Passive at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by (Random real number between 50.00 and 200.00) towards (Random angle) degrees) facing (Facing of TargetOfRage) degrees
          • Animation - Change (Last created unit) flying height to ((Current flying height of (Last created unit)) + (Random real number between 30.00 and 100.00)) at 1000000000.00
      • Trigger - Turn on Rage2 <gen>
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off Rage2 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Rage3 <gen>
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off Rage3 <gen>
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Rocks) and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)
  • Rage2
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Rocks) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Animation - Change (Picked unit) flying height to ((Current flying height of (Picked unit)) + (Random real number between 1.00 and 3.00)) at 1000000000.00
  • Rage3
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set MoveRocks = (MoveRocks + 1.00)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Rocks) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by MoveRocks towards (Facing of TargetOfRage) degrees)
I can make the rocks fly around my guy but i cant make them move to the target unit. Thx for your help.

Last edited:
Level 29
I can make the rocks fly around my guy but i cant make them move to the target unit. Thx for your help.

This is because this line:
Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by MoveRocks towards (Facing of TargetOfRage) degrees)
There is no casting unit in that trigger. I guess you meant to put there TargetOfRage.

On a side note, you leak A LOT of points, You leak A LOT of unit groups, and this spell will destroy any rocks in the map, not only the ones the caster made.

If you want this spell to be MUI I think it must use Jass.

Level 4
1-it didnt work changing to TargetOfRage or seting variable to CastingUnit or putting picked unit
2-i can fiz leaks later
3-rocks are dummy units call rocks will model file rock, no real rocks
4-i dont need it to be MUI (for now)
5- i still need help it still not working

Level 4
the part that is no working is the Rage3 part, the rock movement ( they dont move in good derection and dont stop at my target)

Level 4
I succeded to do it by myself changing a lot my Rage3 trigger that allow my rocks to move properly to the TargetOfRage unit and to fly lower to reach a certain point depending on the distance between the caster and the target and making them dissapear when they reach the target and finally doing damage depending on the number of rocks launch. Btw i wont thank u guys since no1 help me and didnt really try to.

Status
Not open for further replies.