• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Top-left icon for non-hero unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is it possible for a non-hero unit to have an icon in the top-left corner like heroes do? I'm making an AOS map and one or two units won't be able to gain levels but I need them to have these icons for quick selection if selection is accidentally lost. I could make it a hero unit and make it unable to gain experience trough triggers but I would really like to do it like this if it's possible. Is it?

Level 12
Step 1: Create a dummy unit for the unit you want with the icon of the unit you want.
Step 2: Make a trigger:
Events- Player 1 selects a unit
Contitions- (Triggering Unit) equal to DummyUnit
Actions- Unit - Select YourUnit for Player 1

Last edited:
Level 4
Thank you idodik, this works fine. For a brief moment it can be seen that the selection was another unit but I guess that won't be a problem. I like when people know things and share them with others so +rep.

Level 13
hmm...i wonder if i should do that...for my tag map that is. see my runners are not hero units they are all sappers and they are also peons so they are selected as peons are. well it's cool idea but i don't really like the concept of using a dummy unit so i'll just stick with the peon selection for my map i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.