1. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hero Icon small in UI and not on left side

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by SadisticLeprechaun, Oct 23, 2018.

1. SadisticLeprechaun

SadisticLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    So a hero I made, I believe from a campaign unit, works great as a hero in every way except his icon in the control group list is small like a normal unit and it does not appear on the very left with the other heros, it appears mixed in with other lesser units. Still appears in the top left corner and functions as a hero very well in every other way (levels abilities, can only spawn 1, counts towards heroes, etc)

Any ideas? Thanks ahead!

2. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hero icons and units icons are always of the same size unless you're selecting that specific hero/unit type, so I don't really understand what you mean with this.
    Well, obviously it appears in the top left corner if it is a hero...unless you ticked the hide hero interface icon.
    I tried to recreate your problem but it's quite hard, post your map or screenshots from the object editor with the relevant fields, we can't just guess your problem with this current information.

3. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    There is such a unit stat "priority" defining the order, units are placed in groupselection. Make sure your hero has a higher number then your other units.

4. SadisticLeprechaun

SadisticLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Taysen understands what I mean, I checked that and all heroes are at 9, so was my new hero.

Wrda, when I multiselect units, my Heroes always appear at the beginning of the 12 units that can appear. What I mean to say is my hero is being counted as a normal unit and is not grouped at the beginning, but rather in the middle, sorry ignore that size reference I was mistaken.

5. SadisticLeprechaun

SadisticLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm ok, perhaps someone has a list of things to check to make sure my hero is recognized as a hero and not a unit?

6. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Did you also check the priority of your units?

There's no such concept.

Maybe post a test map with the hero and units and this will be easier to find a solution.

7. SadisticLeprechaun

SadisticLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just rechecked, they are all 7 or below while all heroes are 9.

I will post a test map later sure, perhaps that will help. Thanks for all the answers so far!

8. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I'd say just recreate the hero in the object editor from scratch. Or maybe just copy/paste the current one with a new rawcode. Speaking of that did you maybe end up in a situation where the hero's rawcode starts with a lowercase letter rather than an uppercase letter (if you manually input rawcode upon creating it I think this can happen)?