• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Icon small in UI and not on left side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So a hero I made, I believe from a campaign unit, works great as a hero in every way except his icon in the control group list is small like a normal unit and it does not appear on the very left with the other heros, it appears mixed in with other lesser units. Still appears in the top left corner and functions as a hero very well in every other way (levels abilities, can only spawn 1, counts towards heroes, etc)

Any ideas? Thanks ahead!

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
works great as a hero in every way except his icon in the control group list is small like a normal unit.
Hero icons and units icons are always of the same size unless you're selecting that specific hero/unit type, so I don't really understand what you mean with this.
Still appears in the top left corner and functions as a hero very well in every other way
Well, obviously it appears in the top left corner if it is a hero...unless you ticked the hide hero interface icon.
and it does not appear on the very left with the other heros, it appears mixed in with other lesser units.
I tried to recreate your problem but it's quite hard, post your map or screenshots from the object editor with the relevant fields, we can't just guess your problem with this current information.

Level 4
Taysen understands what I mean, I checked that and all heroes are at 9, so was my new hero.

Wrda, when I multiselect units, my Heroes always appear at the beginning of the 12 units that can appear. What I mean to say is my hero is being counted as a normal unit and is not grouped at the beginning, but rather in the middle, sorry ignore that size reference I was mistaken.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Level 39
I'd say just recreate the hero in the object editor from scratch. Or maybe just copy/paste the current one with a new rawcode. Speaking of that did you maybe end up in a situation where the hero's rawcode starts with a lowercase letter rather than an uppercase letter (if you manually input rawcode upon creating it I think this can happen)?

Status
Not open for further replies.